Friday, February 6, 2009

I always knew I was meant to wear a crown

But not on my tooth. :-( Have you been to the dentist lately (b/c I haven't)?! Have you seen the amazing technology they have these days? There I was, mouth open so they could investigate my chipped molar, when they showed me footage of my teeth on a screen in real time. And it was then that they showed me all my OTHER problems: cracked molars from 20+ years of metal fillings. I would like to preface this by saying I take great care of my teeth. My parents always took great care of my teeth. Dental hygiene is up there with personal finances and common courtesy of others - it was drilled into me. So why was I seeing MY teeth CRACKING?! I'm sure most anyone who reads this has had some sort of old school metal fillings from back in the day...well, go to the dentist. But take your wallet!

So, in addition to the chipped tooth that needs a crown, I have cracking that needs to be addressed. Wish me luck!

This isn't a photo of my tooth but it's exactly what is happening to me. Scary! :-(



Oh, and by the way, the chipped molar is a result of grinding my teeth, which is terrifying. I always knew I had a grinding problem but this is big. I now need some special mouth piece when I sleep. Nothing says "irresistible" and "sexy" to your new husband like a massive retainer!

Wedding Update: 71 days to go - bridal portrait is booked for last weekend in Feb in Corpus Christi, bridesmaids dresses are VERY bright but they will work (the fit is great!), I have my shoes, undergarments have been ordered and bridal party gifts are being purchased!

No comments: