Monday, April 21, 2014

5 Years with my #1!

Beau and I celebrated 5 years of marriage this past weekend with a child-free night thanks to my parents! Our only plans were to spend time together and for the least amount of money possible. Since Beau has been doing amazing on his diet (down 41 pounds!), my idea was for us to cook dinner at home, open a special bottle of wine we have been saving and then watch a movie in the media room with some popcorn. Sounds uneventful but with 2 young kids who want and need us every waking hour (and even some non-waking hours!), this sounded heavenly.

But, we dropped off the kids and just didn't want to go home! It was a beautiful Friday afternoon so we headed to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Chuy's and had some margaritas, a lot of queso and a great time catching up. I just love talking to him - we don't get to talk uninterrupted very often these days. :) We finished off the night with the movie in the media room as planned (Wolf of Wall Street) and slept in without a 3 year old's feet in our faces. Yes, he's still sneaking in without a sound!

I enjoyed having him all to myself while it lasted. We were back to birthday parties, soccer games, a rare 90-hour work week (ouch!) and a teething, cranky baby by the next day! Looking forward to #6 already! :)




No comments: