Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Sweet Felix

Beau and I went down to Corpus Christi for Easter for many reasons but most importantly, it would be one of our last trips since my parents are moving to Frisco. I wanted to say goodbye to their house and to Felix, the most gorgeous cat ever! My parents have been working on adoption opportunities for Felix since he was an outdoor cat and everyone knows if you transport an outdoor cat they will run away looking for their home. I loved being in their home one last time and seeing Felix while I was there. Well, last night Felix was taken from us too early by two low life stray dogs. :-( He was the sweetest, most perfect cat and while we were all having a hard time with leaving him behind in Corpus, this is even harder to deal with.

This has added a very difficult twist during an otherwise very exciting time for my parents and me. This comes on the heels of saying goodbye to Geeto a couple of months ago - a cat we have had for 13 years. These 2  guys were my dad's buddies so it's tough. The last picture is of the two kitties together :-)

Is Felix not the most beautiful cat you have ever seen?!





































2 comments:

Earlene said...

Our family is 2 kitties smaller. :-( Only 1 correction: "their home" should read "our home". Love you!

Brooke Chandler said...

Ah, your kittens were sweet! I am sad to hear about Felix... I know how it feels and it is hard.