Sunday, May 2, 2010

32 Weeks (or Fattening Up)

That goes for baby and me ;) Grayson weighs almost 4 pounds now and I've gained 23. I'd like to stop here, thank you...

A lot has happened this week! My parents closed on their house and their moving truck arrives this week!! They are officially Frisco-ites. Or whatever we're called. Last weekend Beau and I attended a breastfeeding class and this week we went to the Childbirth Preparation class. After about 12 videos of natural child birth (i.e. no pain meds), I'm proud to say that my mind is going unchanged in the epidural department. Good grief, not judging anyone's very personal decision on how they want to give birth but that is NOT for me. My mom still has regrets about not taking the meds when she was in labor with me. Ha! And that was 30 years ago!....Ugh. 30. That's another story. That birthday is coming up and while I haven't even had time to think about or reflect on my 20s, I'm bummed that I will be 9 months pregnant during it. Talk about miserable and wanting a margarita. I mean, I assume I'll want a margarita. Maybe it will be a glass of pinot. Either way, aint happenin'.

Happy May! I can officially say that I'm having a baby NEXT MONTH! 55 more days. Mama and I are celebrating by going to a chocolate festival today. Kidding, we would be going even if there was no reason to celebrate! :-)

How your baby's growing:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No comments: