Monday, June 18, 2012

Grayson's 2nd Birthday Party!

We had Grayson birthday party here at the house this past weekend and overall, it went really well! We tried to keep this party much smaller than last year by having only "his friends", their parents and immediate family over. It was much more manageable and I think our guests appreciated not being on top of each other! We also moved it to the morning, which was much more pleasant outside vs. the 100+ temps at his 3pm party last year! 


This was really my last year (for a while) to have fun with the theme and decor. I think starting next year we'll move to a party venue where we won't have to do much. Keeping this in mind, I had SO much fun doing it all! Even though I had to call in Beau at 9pm the night before to help finish it all! :) 


We think Grayson really enjoyed himself! Here are the photos of all the fun...


Blood, sweat and tears went into that banner. It may be my last DIY b-day project ever!
Newborn and 2 y.o. pictures
Bedtime Bakers did our cake again! We love them.
I found the cupcake toppers (used here for pork sliders) and the favor tags/Hershey kiss stickers (below) on Etsy.
That site makes people look creative. Love it!
Party favors
My Mom's famous sugar cookies. They did not disappoint!
Pork sliders, pickles, extra sauce, potato chips and potato salad for lunch
The centerpiece with Oreos for dirt and couscous for the hauled grain (Beau's idea!) :)
The lemonade went fast. Next year I need to remember that people are thirsty in June! Need more liquids!
My favorite - Grayson and Cole in the Jeep
Grayson's sweet cousin, Payton, with her Daddy. She is becoming quite the lady!
Ethan and his gorgeous son, Carter.
Sweet Piper!
London and Alison
Payton, Cole and Emily 

Gray's fingers all up in that icing. Sheesh, child!
Last year, we forgot to get a family picture. This year, we added a child! Haha. London would do anything to get closer to the cake! Even pose for someone else's family picture :)
Grayson's famous shifty eyes!
He blew out his own candle. My baby is growing up!
Most of the kids 
Beau, Whit and Ethan - just missing Nick!
With Lori and Kristi
With Alison!
He opened all his own gifts this year! My, what a difference a year makes!

So excited about his gifts - and so it begins!
I read him each card even though he wasn't listening :)
I've said it so many times but we are so proud of the little man Grayson is growing up to be! He changes and grows daily - it's really amazing to watch!

2 comments:

Miss Nikki said...

So cute! Good job momma!!!

The Pharrs said...

Great job on the party, Mom! :)