Monday, June 11, 2012

Reynolds Happenings


Happenings this past week...

First, foremost and coolest, a surprise package came in the mail for me this week! It turned out to be a formal invitation from my sister to be her matron of honor! She and Rogan are marrying in New Orleans on NYE so it was perfectly and appropriately festive. She wrote the sweetest note that brought me to tears but she was quick to write that I should save my monogrammed hankie for the wedding. :) She plans to have a second line (you know, where the jazz band leads the party through the streets of N.O. while everyone dances and waves hankies or umbrellas usually with a cocktail in hand - holler!). It's going to be awesome! Of course I said yes! xoxo

We had some fun play dates this week, one of which was with our friends Alison and London at Willowbend. I really love that mall (so much better than the one in Frisco :/) And I love those girls. I would describe Alison as having the best intelligent humor who asks thought provoking questions to which she really wants to hear your answer. I depend on her for great conversation! And I depend on her daughter for some serious laughs! I've said it before but London is like no other!
Oh, London! A very blurry Grayson thought she was so funny!
Is this not precious?!
Cruisin'
We bought a boat bed for Grayson off Craigslist! I have been looking around for probably 4 or so months for this bed so that Beau wouldn't have to build it (he was seriously thinking about it :)). This one was by far the best quality and the closest to the Pottery Barn bed I really wanted but a fraction of the price. More to come on this when it's all complete but here's a sneak peak. And if you're wondering - we have no idea when we're switching Grayson as he's fine in his toddler bed and we're in no rush to shop for the twin mattress. We just had to jump at the quality/price/location of this one!
The family actually had two boat beds for their sons. Thank goodness we only need one - they are 9 ft in length!
Grayson loves times with his Pop and Mimi and I love being over at their house! They make awesome dinners and I can relax in the evenings while they play with him. :)
Lincoln Logs!
Soccer Tots was Saturday and Grayson really buttered up to the Coach at stamp time. :) He was like the stamp guard watching carefully as the other kids got theirs. It was pretty adorable.

Grayson wore the new hat that Alison and London gave him to dinner with our neighbors Saturday night.  I didn't think he'd keep it on but he wore it most of the time! We later went to Paciugo for gelato and the kids played at that fountain that Grayson loves so much at The Shops. Being with the Asels and their 3 kids is always  an eventful time! 
Twisted Root has random back drops. They look more like they're on an episode of Storage Wars. :)

Finally, some of our best moments are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings. Grayson likes to crawl in bed with us and love on his Daddy and Brinkley. I get asked every once in a while how I handle Beau's weekly travel but it's actually pretty easy. My parents take really good care of us during the week and then EVERY weekend is a 3 day weekend for the 3 of us. When other people get excited about their 3-day weekend holidays, we get excited for a 4-day weekend. :) It really works well for us and I wouldn't trade these lazy Friday mornings for anything!
Brinkley was licking Grayson's ear. He giggles so hard at that!

And then see below for Sunday's Life Group party!

No comments: