Monday, September 3, 2012

A Little Bit of This; A Lot of That (That=Grayson)


Mama's Birthday at Neighborhood Services 
My parents flew in from New Orleans just in time for a great celebratory dinner. As if they hadn't been celebrating for 4 days in NO with my sister and her fiance but glad they left some for Grayson and me! As always, NS did not disappoint. There's a reason we keep going back despite the countless restaurants in the metroplex. Happy Birthday to our beautiful Mimi!

Amanda's Visit 
"Broken Record"-time: I LOVE having my sisters in town! Amanda's visit was 5ish days and she got some really good snuggle and play time in with Grayson, which she said is all she wanted to do while she was here. If I were President, I'd move Ohio closer to Texas. Or put a ban on Caldwells leaving this great State. Or something like that. 
Reviewing his construction book at the family dinner. Priorities, people.

Aunt Amanda has always been the best pool-time playmate!
At our new hang out - Bahama Buck's!
Plenty of couch time
Cousins' Dinner and Drinks 
While she was here, we met up with the Dallas Caldwell Cousins at Cru one evening. It's so cool being adults with them. A little different than our pool days as kids - same cool factor just with wine ;) It's also different conversation away from all of our parents. I sound like a kid saying that :) We hope to do this more with them!
At the bar after Cru, obvi.
Meet the Teacher Night 
My parents met me at Grayson's school Thursday evening to meet his teacher. Beau will meet her Tuesday but so glad my parents were there since Gray slept through the entire thing. Drooling on my Dad's shoulder. So he'll show up to school Tuesday not having a clue where he is. Great. But I'm in love Mrs. Jenny! What a perfect teacher. I've already received an email and a great Welcome packet from her. She will be perfect for Grayson! 

Later that night, I headed to One2One for a Going Away dinner for one of the moms in our play group. They're moving to Australia - we are going to miss Kirsty and Huxley! :( 

Safety Town 
Our play group organized a tour and play time there and it was awesome! The largest Safety Town in the country, the tour is really cool and it has an awesome little town of houses, streets, lights and street signs for kids to ride bikes and 4 wheelers to learn their street sense. They also have different rooms that are decorated as though you're in someone's home. You get to see how quickly a fire moves through and what to do in a tornado. Really fun stuff. I mean, fun for fire and tornado safety. :)
Grayson at the wheel
We are so happy to have these friends! 
Rosemeade Rainforest
I had never heard of this place until Alison and London introduced us a couple of weeks ago. A lot of fun! The water was chilly but it's just a really cool place to play. The kids are a little too young for us not to have been in the water with them so my wimpy-in-cold-water self was happy to just eat lunch there and relax with friends. :) 
He gets it from his Mama (the laying out part)
There were a couple of these that left emotional scars on the kids who were unlucky enough to be caught under it! when it unloaded. Grayson was one of them!  Poor baby :)
Scarred, I tell you. But really just exhausted enough to fall asleep with those adorable puckered lips.
A Smedberg BBQ
We hosted a BBQ for Baby Weston and his parents who flew in from Naples to spend the week with us and the Dallas girls! We really enjoyed having the group over and missed the girls who weren't here. Did we get pictures of the girls together?! NO. Did we get any of Weston and his precious wardrobe changes? NO. But I did get this video of Emmie and Grayson's first real date. He drove. Precious.

A Day in the Square
I dragged my Mom to McKinney Square and treated her to lunch in exchange for meeting up with someone on Craigslist from whom I bought something. Just trying to make sure I make it out alive, y'all. I did, we had coffee at an awesome, quirky little coffee shop there, shopped and lunched at Square Burger. I really want to live in McKinney! :/
Good grief, his schedule is whack. But the coffee shop had this cozy chairs by the window.  Mimi was in heaven and so was I with my Snickerdoodle coffee!
The Things We Do...
I've mentioned that Grayson is getting so crafty with that brain of his. He now wants to put his tools to use (sigh) and take things apart. Reminds of the Reynolds' stories about how Uncle Reyn always took things apart as a kid but never liked putting them back together. I NEED for my kid to put things back together! The Lord knows I won't be able to do it!
He left it just like this in my bathroom. Made me smile :)
Just included this pic of his stacked toilet paper b/c I love the pride in his face. He looks 4 here.
I have so much more but I know it all gets old! :) 

No comments: