Thursday, September 27, 2012

Andrea's Bachelorette Weekend!

What an awesome weekend spent in Colorado Springs celebrating my sister's upcoming nuptials! It was the perfect mix of relaxation, celebration, laughter and quiet time topped off with some great food and drinks. I'll start off by saying that the girls really made this trip. There were 9 of us total and Andrea is so blessed to have some amazing girl friends. They're fun and just easy to be with. We were all on the same flight coming and going, which made traveling enjoyable and also really easy to get to and from the airport! The rest of the weekend:

Preparations
After a quick flight and easy breezy cab rides to the house, 4 of us took off to the grocery and liquor stores. Priorities, people. I'll keep this short but let's just say our liquor store bill was more than the grocery bill.
It's a good trip when they provide a box. I felt a tad scandalous being pregnant and running through the place with a bottle of Boone's Farm. 
We didn't really decorate since Amanda and I arrived with the girls and wouldn't have had time to set up so we had these cute personalized cups for spa weekend favors. They were stuffed with spa-type items from L'Occitane. I had big ideas of including Kashi bars and all kinds of stuff but I ran out of space. Oh well, thought that counts ;) 
I was so nervous about how these would travel so I took pictures beforehand - ha.
Adorable personalized candy wrappers. I wish I would have done these for G's birthday favors and called it a day.
Personalized confetti from the same vendor. I'm too lazy to link but let me know if you want their info!
The Broadmoor
There are not enough positive adjectives to express how spectacular this hotel and spa are. We had 2 meals there, one at the top point of the resort that looked out to the city (it was just our group - so cool!) and the other was Sunday brunch. I've seen my number of Sunday brunches but haven't experienced a brunch quite like this. More buffet tables and food than you've ever seen - promise. It was a great way to cap off the weekend. The spa was great too. I had a lavender bath soak and prenatal massage. And a lot of quiet time in this room.....
We all kinda camped out in this room and made it home.  It was divine.
Taking a stroll at the hotel

The Views
Anna took us for a drive through the Garden of the Gods, which offers incredible views of the red rock formations. We didn't take nearly enough pictures.
Top: Me, Rachel, Bentley, Janey, Anna, Meredith
Bottom: Amanda, Andrea and Emily
Lingerie Shower
I was so impressed that all of us were showered, dressed and ready in time for the lingerie shower. My Mom made her famous cookies for the affair (a bachelorette party staple in the shapes of hearts and lips), we had a cheese tray and we made Andrea sip on the awful, blue Boone's Farm when she answered Rogan's trivia questions incorrectly. Fortunately, she's the peanut to his butter so she answered most correctly. ;)
With Amanda and Andrea!
Cheers to the Future Mrs. Giles!
Andrea received some beautiful gifts! Some personalized with her new monogram - so fun! (Side note: Anna's parents just bought this home recently - hence, the bare shelves. That said, it had some awesome upgrades! I took notes for my future Colorado home :D) 
The Rabbit Hole & The Dirty Bee
Okay, so it's not really called The Dirty Bee. It's the Golden Bee. But hearing Andrea mistakenly refer to it as The Dirty Bee was the best ever and we decided that this should be the new name. If you've been there, you'd understand the slip up. ;) The atmosphere of The Bee can't be manufactured or drawn out in some business plan. I don't know it's long history but it almost seems like it's accidentally cool. Every table was full of some serious sing-along-bar devotees. Some great people watching and even better sing alongs!
That drink was on fire. No, really.
Delicious dinner at The Rabbit Hole
Rachel, Andrea and Bentley at The Golden Bee
A picture with our new (very-intoxicated newlywed) friend, Who's Jeff? That was the name we gave him.
Ahhh, the yard beer. Andrea was pleasantly (not really) surprised. Hehe.
Coming Home
I was really sad to leave Colorado. Even though I was eager to get back to Grayson and Beau, there's something about a relaxing weekend with great weather and fun people that can get you kinda sad when it's all over. I DID have pictures like this texted to me all weekend so how could I not be a little eager to get home? :)
Grayson hung out with Cole at Oktoberfest Saturday!
These cuties actually parked the car and came in to help me with my bag. Total sweethearts b/c we all know parking at the airport is up there with dental work.

We can't wait to celebrate the future Mr. & Mrs. Giles in New Orleans in just 3 short months! xoxo

No comments: