Sunday, October 14, 2012

24 Week Pregnancy Update

Kisses for the ear of corn! Which at 24 weeks, is the size of Baby.

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I've lost some with the recent virus that swept through this house. So +15; it was 20ish!
Maternity clothes? Ready to whip out my fall stuff! But we're back in the 80s. 
Stretch marks? No, still good. Thanks for asking. ALL THE TIME.
Sleep: We might as well have this baby here now b/c no one is sleeping anyway! With Grayson not feeling well, Brinkley's fear of thunderstorms, my frequent bathroom trips + the virus hitting me, not much sleep at all.
Best moment this week: Having Beau home early to take care of Grayson and me. It was a rough several days. Also, trying on my matron of honor dress for Andrea's wedding and it's to die for. Yes, for a maternity dress and it will fit perfectly. I just wish I could stay this size and not be a massive blimp on New Years Eve!
Movement: More movement recently than I think ever had with my first pregnancy. I can't believe it actually. 
Cravings: Nothing new; still sugary candy. My mouth watered when I saw a child pull out a piece of candy today. So lame.
Symptoms: Shortness of breath! I'm getting winded so quickly. I'm kind of tired these days too but that's due to lack of sleep I'm sure.
What I miss: Belts. I love all the Fall looks with belts. I'd be wearing mine if I didn't have a belly protruding from my rib cage!
What I am looking forward to: Getting more of the nursery put together! I have drapes in mind. And one of the walls is kind of complicated so I'm a little nervous about it.
Weekly Wisdom: I keep trying to cherish each day knowing that these are the easiest days of my life going forward! I really want to take advantage, especially before my the 3rd trimester when my energy will slow. I still have lots to do before the baby comes and things won't get any easier so I'm just trying to embrace that! :)
Milestones: I guess I'd say strong enough movement where my belly shifts and jolts! I always loved that the first time - happy to see it now!

And now, fun corn outtakes. This kid is such a ham! :)


My little charmer.
Anyone else think this face is a little freaky?
"Grayson, give me the corn please. Hand me the corn, Grayson. GIVE. ME. THE CORN."
Ooooover it!

2 comments:

Courtney Schumacher said...

Where are those pjs from? They are adorable! I want some plain red or green ones like that for the boys for x-mas! Can you believe how quickly this is flying by? Feb will be here in no time!

Unknown said...

These are actually hand me downs from our neighbors. They're Babystyle brand but my google search didn't produce much :/ Funny though, I didn't realize these were Christmas PJs until i put them on him last night! But I love the old man style. We're moving exclusively to those b/c they're baggier and Gray's arms are pretty thick. I already have our Christmas PJs from Smocked Auctions and I'm IN LOVE with them! They usually do a pre-order of those so it's easy to get matching brothers ones. They are stinking adorable!!