Sunday, October 7, 2012

Recap for this week...

The weather is getting cooler here and that means Fall is upon us! We've had highs in the 50s this weekend, which has us dreaming of chili, hot chocolate and hot tea! Beau is probably Teavana's #1 customer (I kid) so lots of options for the new Keurig. Why didn't we get one of these a long time ago?!

Other happenings....

23 Week belly shot
I haven't done one of these in a while so here you have it. Oh! And these are the red jeans I mentioned last time! Red maternity jeans from Old Navy for $28. Not bad! And they're actually long enough. :)

Pairings for the Park
I mentioned that I'm on the Sponsorship Committee for Hope Park. Here's our next event on Oct. 18th. I'm getting excited for this wine pairing and hope to have a great turnout! I encourage all my Frisco friends to attend! :) I'm feeling the pressure of making this happen as well as the Christmas campaign for Pickets and Bricks. Here's the info for the wine event - it'll be fun!:

Tiff's 30th Birthday
Tiff may just be the very last of all of Beau's side of our friends to turn 30 - finally! Actually that's not true. There are 2 other couples but anyway it was fun being with the Phillips and Seemans and others at Benihana Friday night for her big milestone. Whit and Tiff also announced that they are expecting Baby #3 in May - woo hoo! Drinks all around! Except for Tiff and me :) 
We managed one picture after dinner when we went to pick up Gray from my parents' house. Shameful. 
Caldwell Oktoberfest
We went to Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Gayle's house last night for their first annual Oktoberfest in the Caldwell Biergarten. What a great party! We usually do family things over there so it was nice to see such a great turn out of all their friends and Aunt Gayle had quite the spread! I wish I had pictures of the beautiful set up. It was quite a party. But it's kinda weird to take pictures of someone else's set up just for my blog :)  Beau and I are really happy that Grayson didn't accompany us b/c it gave us a chance to talk with everyone. And for Beau to help deplete the keg of German beer ;) But 2 nights out without a child is quite the luxury. I openly admit that this is the easiest time of our lives going forward! 2013 will prove that to be true :)



 Halloween Arts & Crafts
Grayson and I had a fun Monday morning shopping the Target $1 shelf for some new crafts. They had so much stuff so we packed this jack-olantern pail full and it kept him occupied for the better part of Monday. He also got his first pair of scissors and was in heaven! Those go up immediately after craft time since he has other motives with them that involve my throw pillows!

We then found out that Grayson's buddy Emmie broke her femur over the weekend. :( She's in a cast and needs to stay in for quite some time so we headed back to Target to put together another Halloween arts & crafts pack! I can't imagine having a  2 1/2 y.o. that can't move for weeks. While Gray was in school, I took this along with some movies and snacks to Emmie and Kristi. Our friend Whitney was over too so we had some good girl time. Not to mention, Emmie was in the best of spirits - hope she keeps that up for her parents! :)
Hopefully Miss Emmie had as much fun with this as Grayson did.
The scissors were a big hit
 Halloween costume Fail - Part 1
We can go ahead and title this Part 1 of 3 since there will be more pathetic pictures to follow with our other costume efforts. ;) I bought Grayson 2 costumes at the consignment sale a while back (one for cold weather; one for hot since TX is so unpredictable.) BUT, a trip to Old Navy the other day produced this cute fish costume! It even has a tail - I love(d) it. Loved b/c I had to return it after Grayson hated it. I can use that word b/c he HATED it.

Other things Grayson was up to this week:
It was his first week of going to school all 3 days so we had more down time than usual around the house (and Mimi's house):
Relaxing
So cute how he sits like this :)
Making Jello with Mimi
Surprise trip to Dimples and eating the WHOLE thing.
Flirting with the girl next door.
Being a serious painter
He's wearing one of those lights that you wear around your head all while working
with his construction equipment. It was too funny!
There is so much I didn't get to but this post is already so long! Coming up this week - The State Fair as a family of 7 and TEXAS/OU! My sister and Rogan are coming in for the game and I'm on a desperate hunt for a babysitter in the DFW area who doesn't care about this game. Do they exist?! ;)

No comments: