Vacationing with the Smedbergs is EXACTLY what we needed! They are Disney experts, told us exactly what to pack, had all the tricks, told me which Fast Passes to get and I didn't have to look at a map once. What a relief! Then, to spend the second half of the week at their waterfront home that is totally child-proofed, kid snack-approved, stocked with wine, with a pool and boat and FUN conversation was just what we needed. We are lucky to know them! We all agree that we look forward to vacationing together when there can be a few day camps for the kiddos sprinkled into the itinerary ;)
Orlando - The house!
We rented a great 5 bedroom 5 bath house in Reunion Resort. It was brand new, had a great kid-friendly pool, spacious kitchen and backed to a golf course. There are pros and cons to staying on property and renting a house but here are some quick pros that we enjoyed going the house route:
1) We enjoyed hanging out in the living room or outside or cooking dinner after the kids went down. In a hotel room, once the kids go down, you're kinda stuck there.
2) private pool that you can access quickly. A quick hour swim before bathtime? Why not. That wouldn't have been as easy at a huge resort. Plus, we were all right there so conversation was easier vs. chasing kids around a huge area.
3) Cooking our own dinners was nice, healthier and cheaper. Not to mention, beverages were cheaper than buying at a hotel restaurant!
4) Doing laundry, drying pool towels, etc was a breeze.
5) Space to spread out. 5 bed, 5 baths gave us the freedom to figure out sleeping arrangements when we got there and even gave us the option to change things up if we needed to.
Day 1: Magic Kingdom
It's a small world, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Dumbo rides, roller coaster for the boys were all great! The kids were the perfect age to really experience the magic :) We even got in on some parade action and ice cream before the afternoon rains came in and we headed back to the house for some naps.
Day 2: Animal Kingdom
A Bug's Life 3D show, Dinosaur show, safari ride were all really cool! I'm glad we changed it up and did this instead of a second day at MK, which is originally what I had planned.
Day 3: Lunch at T-Rex, Downtown Disney, Drive to Naples!
(Pictures from phones coming soon!)