Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Busy Girl

Now that we (sadly) have Nikki and Brad's Destin wedding behind us (which I still need to blog about) it's time to look forward to the other events on our calendar! We leave in ONE WEEK for Boston and Cape Elizabeth! I am SO excited for my sister's wedding and I have LOTS to do before we go! The bright side to the planning is that the weather is so different from what we have in Dallas, that I can pack the entire family now! Sweaters, boots and coats are in our future and since the high in Dallas is 94 today, I can go ahead and get a jump on the packing since we won't need any of those winter clothes this week. :) We will be gone for 6 days so simply packing up food/clothes/diapers/Baby Benadryl/toys to entertain/bottles/etc. will take up quite a bit of room! 


Here is my progress with Grayson's stuff (he's helping....by chewing on my heel):
Who's wishing we sold this couch now, huh?! Not me! Yes, it's in our bedroom but it's just sooo convenient. :) I digress....So I figured the best way to do this was to line it up by day, starting with his comfy travel outfit (that will transition from 90 degrees to 50) for Wednesday on the left and moving from day to night, day to night outfits into the following Monday when we fly out. Diapers/food/blankets/wipes on the left then bibs/burp cloths, mittens, winter hats/bucket hats and then finally his rain coat (which made me realize I don't have ONE single legit coat that fits him anymore - yikes!). Socks, PJs, shoes will just have to wait since we're still using them. 


So, the question is....Where is my stuff going to go?!
And the second question is.....Traveling friends/family with babies, what am I forgetting?!


Other items on the agenda:

  • write my toast - eek!!
  • pick up Grayson's altered suit
  • coordinate dog sitting (we have 3 people taking shifts)
  • you don't even want to see my clothing list - everything from rain to cold to formal attire to touristy walking clothes to shoes and accessories for all possible weather/occassions - we may not have to lock the house when we leave ;-)
Then, when we return, it will be time to seriously start planning for the following things (not in order):

  • Grayson's 1st Birthday - warning, I'm taking a theme to an extreme. An "extheme" if you will. Ha! ;)
  • Mother's Day
  • Taking photos of a friend's delivery (like sweet family with new baby above-the-sheet pictures, not of the birth. c'mon now! ;-) )
  • Lisa's Baby Shower
  • Our summer garage sale
  • Brooke's bachelorette party & wedding (I think we want to stay in Dallas the night of the wedding)
  • Gifts for a couple of Birthday parties
  • Tri Delta's Gamma Phi Charter Member Dallas Weekend! (got that?!)
  • And then later on in the summer, 4th of July and Beau's 30th Birthday!

We have never really been this busy so I need to be organized....like that's going to happen!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I started packing too and it is ridiculous how much stuff I "need" to take because I have no idea what I will want to wear or how cold it will actually be. Eek!

Unknown said...

SO true, Elaine! Right now they are showing lows in the 40s and rainy. I spit in the face of cold/rain for my sister's outdoor wedding!!