Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Half of me wants to rush through these weeks to get Beau home, be with my family and Andrea at her wedding and then have a baby here but the other half of me just loves this time of year! I love receiving Christmas cards from family and friends, the lights and decorations, being with family, friends in town, the hustle and bustle of it all and YES, I love the real reason for the season, of course. We had a great speaker at MOPS last week about keeping Christ in Christmas for your family. She was awesome and I got a lot of good ideas for Grayson! But in the meantime, that's not what this post is about. :) We've visited with Santa, eaten some Christmas cookies and had a Christmas program at Grayson's school! Here are some pictures to capture the cuteness:


My "baby" is just SO. TALL. I knew my kids would probably struggle with high waters like I did.
But at TWO years old?! Seems a bit early. This is a size 3T!
Thanks Aunt Andrea for the "Grayson" corduroy longalls! The choo choo train was a huge hit! 
With Mimi in the Snow Globe waiting to see Santa
With Mommy
No tears! And so stoic! In hindsight, we told him to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas (which he did! TOOLS.) but we didn't tell him that he doesn't get the gift right then. So he was pretty confused. He even ran back to Santa and for the 5th time said, TOOOOLS. Still, nothing. Sorry buddy! Gotta wait for Christmas :)
Linin up for his school's Christmas program! 
Ringing their bells
A video of Jingle Bells. Then they sang Away in the Manger. Grayson was silent for both :)

BUT (and this is my favorite), before they sang "Happy Birthday Jesus", Grayson moved his dot up so that he could stand in front of his classmates. I guess he knew he was going to sing the loudest? Adorable!
Making friends with the Gingerbread Man! Before he bit his leg off :)

No comments: