Saturday, March 23, 2013

Kitchen Remodel - Day 4

Day 3 of the remodel had us running for my parents' house as the smell of the primer was so, so strong! I didn't want these babies inhaling that all night. But Day 4 brought tons of progress that I didn't expect so soon! The contractor quoted us 10 days so I just assumed granite and backsplash would happen Monday and Tuesday of next week. But nope! We had exciting things going on over here!

Day 3 - completely covered up and lighting was already pulled out so I couldn't see much.
I came out of the bedroom Thursday morning and there were 4 new men standing around with the contractor and painters. I was SO excited when I learned they were the granite guys! They cut everything on site. I missed that part b/c I was at the doctor (pesky sinus infection) and a birthday lunch for my friend Lisa.
When I arrived home in the afternoon, everything was installed and looked great! 
I'm so stoked about my new, big sink. It's exactly what I've been wanting!  


I went with a full bullnose edge on the counters msinly because it hurts less when run into. If you have kids, you know that some part of their head is likely to bump into them often. Hard edges and corners hurt! It just worked out that it was my favorite edge anyway :)
What were the boys and I doing during these days at my parents' house? We had such a great time! They wait on us hand and foot, cook great meals and really get on the floor and play with Grayson and even change diapers! Gray, Walker and I pretty much had the 2nd floor to ourselves so it helped me to feel really relaxed and at home, especially with midnight feedings. Beau even stayed there with us Thursday night when he flew home. We were sad to leave. :)
Grayson is really into building "houses" right now. I have said it before, but his imagination is just so cool. He carefully selects the most random objects around the house, all of which serve some purpose to block, cover or prop something else. I'm so in love with him!
More building and tying things - busy, busy.
Bath time together. 2 clean babies!
Best hosts ever ;)

No comments: