Wednesday, December 4, 2013

House Update: Almost finished!

I haven't posted in a while. For a few reasons. One, we've been busy with Thanksgiving and family in town! Two, I'm so frustrated with this terrible custom service we're receiving and Three, my macbook charger broke and I only blog from that computer. So there you have it.

The past few weeks have been met with lots of delays, many challenges, expenses and plenty of back and forth with completion dates, lack of communication, errors, etc. I don't want to focus on that but instead, let's see progress! We are supposed to close this Friday but of course the ice storm of the century is blowing in (OF COURSE!), so we are expected to be delayed yet again. The house is looking pretty finished though so we are very excited!

Appliances are in! The repaired kitchen is painted (again). Still left: Under cabinet lighting & touch-up paint
Since this photo was taken, floors were glazed/sealed. They look so pretty! Not that they will ever be
that shiny again with boys and a dog. ;)
I took this photo before stain a long time ago so I thought I'd shoot it again. Carpet and light fixtures are in!
Another view of the upstairs.
All hardware, including lights and door handles, are in! Electricity is on now too.
Heat/AC/Gas are all running.
This is one of the bedrooms I haven't shown yet. This will be the guest bedroom upstairs. 
We have had the replacement light fixtures sitting here at my parents' house just waiting to be hung! It's against the builder's policy to install the owner's fixtures so Beau will need to get up there once we move in. You can bet he's excited about that!
Same direction as the pic above but looking down with carpet installed.
Media room wall sconces and wet bar are in. Still needing countertop, sink and glass fronts on cabinets. Believe me when I say this whole thing will come down to the minute of close on Friday. There is a hole there for a fridge but we are buying that separately.
My most exciting update: Grass, trees and landscaping are IN! Oh, and walkway/driveway were paved a couple of weeks ago. They did make good on their promise to extend the driveway a foot and half on either side. That gives us plenty of room for Beau's truck to park and to step down on concrete instead of grass. 
Fence is up! We are big time 8ft board on board people but opted for the standard 6ft. and were very nervous about it! But I think it works for the space, goes well with the wrought iron and when it's time, Beau will build the 8ft one like he did at the old house. And for a lot cheaper than a builder quotes! Sheesh.
Backyard looking to the right.
Now can we just close already so that I can decorate for Christmas?! My heart aches to have a Christmas-filled home with my little family! That said, hoping everyone stays safe and warm during this looming ice storm!

No comments: