Saturday, December 28, 2013

New House: Moved in! (Kinda)

We have been moved in to the new home since December 11th and have loved every minute of it! It's a little strange to sit in the middle of a space that I saw as a construction site for so long. It has now been converted to a house, which we are still in the process of trying to make a home. We hit a bit of a wall with unpacking recently and seem to be okay living among boxes that we just don't know what to do with! I think it's a sign that it's time to purge some of it but we just aren't ready. Back to getting busy this week while Beau is home! In the meantime, here are some parts that are coming together. Please note that I made the mistake of taking pictures in the evening so the light from our fixtures assaults your eyes. My apologies. :)

Beau so kindly hung our new light fixtures that I'm positively in love with.  I fell in love with in the Stan Pac model home where we had a contract for 48 hours. It was a Level 12 upgrade with them. I got in online for a fraction of what they wanted. And I mean that!
The other side. Still a long way to go with getting things unpacked and figuring out where it all goes.
This baby gate was a beautiful thing around the tree. Not one kid touched it once! 
That dining fixture and these 2 entry lights were among the first things we did and they make me so happy.  I actually had these sitting at my parents' house for months waiting to move in! The builder refuses to install anything form the client. Boo.

Sorry for all the light. While they do light the house nicely, this is overkill.
Behind getting beds installed and fresh sheets on, getting Christmas up was a top priority. A sweet
friend made that canvas for me after I attended a craft night at her house and we all ran out of time. She surprised me with it! :) 
Sorry again for light. The breakfast area has a cute little bench in it that I have NO IDEA what to do with. Threw a few pillows up so it wasn't completely bare and I'll revisit with Andrea when "decorate bay windows" is closer to the top of the list. :)
OH. MY. In all my days, I have not been so happy about "things" like I am about these bar stools. They were for sure my splurge since I ordered them without knowing the space and had Restoration Hardware hold them for 2 months until the house was ready. I even had their delivery guys show up at the same time as our movers (who weren't happy about that). I HAD to have them as soon as possible. That's all I'm going to say about them. :)
I swear the underlighting is great and not obnoxious!
We don't have the living room figured out yet. This space is surprisingly a lot like our last house, where we were stuck with furniture positioning as well. We're getting a round ottoman, an area rug and nesting tables that should help pull it all together. (Fingers crossed!)
Beau surprised us with having lights put on the house this year! We arrived home to this! It was the icing on the perfect cake and a Christmas to remember!

No comments: