Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ice Storm 2013 - Revisited

Can you tell that I have my laptop AND nice camera back?! :)  Just trying to get caught up on blogging b/c I really do want to remember these days that are flying by and this is my favorite space to do so....

Now that the ice is a distant memory, I can really appreciate how beautiful it all was. If it just wasn't so dang dangerous. Here are some pictures from the good camera....

We woke up that first morning to this crepe myrtle completely weighted down by ice. It usually stands so tall.
I love all these hundreds of little icicles. 
Branches facing downward from the weight of it all. 





This icicle was so fun to watch! It started out much shorter than this but as the days would warm ever so slightly and it would sort of begin to melt, the nights would re-freeze it. Pretty cool to see over those 4 days.  
My Dad put out bird seed since there was nothing else for them to eat.
And more of what we did while indoors together. Lots of PJ time and fun together....
Lots of wrestling. Walker gets the biggest kick out of Grayson throwing him around ;)
"Tickle, tickle, tickle!" - Grayson
Walker loves to jump! Just like Grayson used to :) 
Well, he still loves to ;) We were so bored, Mimi and Pop even let them jump on the bed! Mimi would say, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

No comments: