Saturday, March 1, 2014

Here's to 25 years!

Mimi and Pop (formerly known as Earlene and Jeff) celebrate their 25th wedding Anniversary today! And while they are celebrating in Santa Fe for 6 WHOLE DAYS (come home soon please?!), I am celebrating them here with a blog post listing 10 reasons I adore them:
  1. Unconditional Love. And I mean this. 
  2. A phone call away. They are supporters, rescuers, comforters, forgivers, shoulders to cry on, problem solvers, listening ears, warriors who have fought for us, celebrators of our successes, stern words when we need them, forgivers, cheerleaders and our best friends. All just a phone call away.
  3. I recently posted a Facebook status about being in a store watching a woman my age with her mother crunching numbers trying to figure 75% of $3.99. They finally had to use a calculator to figure it out. I am so thankful to have parents that just would not stand for this. Intelligence/problem solving/knowledge/education was/is of utmost importance to them and for this, I am indebted to them.
  4. Always trying to better us. From making me come home every Sunday in college to balance my checkbook with Jeff to his Life Lessons (that usually began with, "Kiddo, there are 2 types of people in this world....") The goal was to always make us better, wiser people.
  5. Humor. An essential part of our lives.
  6. World's Best Grandparents. There is a new, softer side to people when they become Grandparents. A role that I have loved seeing them take on full time. Thank you for loving my babies so, so much.
  7. Moving to Frisco. So maybe there was business here too. But it MADE this next chapter of my life. No one will ever understand how much having them down the street meant to me as a new Mom.
  8. Travel. From Chicago to Vegas to DC to Santa Fe to Mustang Island as an annual trip. We have had a lot of fun together!
  9. Weddings. Amanda, Andrea and I have enjoyed traveling to/from and having you be an essential part of each of our weddings. Thanks for the memories!
  10. Helpers of all Helpers. I could NOT raise 2 boys with a traveling husband without their help! It takes a Village!
We love you both with all our hearts! xoxo

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Thanks so much for the loving words! We will treasure them for the rest of our days! We will always remember how special you daughters & sons-in-law made our day, even from afar. Love you all!

Earlene said...

Thanks so much for the loving words! We will treasure them for the rest of our days! We will always remember how special you daughters & sons-in-law made our day, even from afar. Love you all!