Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Inner-vention

Beau and I have decided that I need an inner-vention. Not an intervention. An Inner-vention. I figure that since a) I know about it and am involved and b) it's just the 2 of us within the walls of our home, that 'intervention' is a bit misleading. It all started when my Aunt and cousin, Elaine, graciously gave me their old wedding magazines. An entire box, actually. The box sat in the living room for about a week. I was hesitant to go near them fearing that the options would make me anxious. That's how I am - I get anxiety with too many options. Mainly b/c my taste is all over the board and spans traditional to contemporary, bold colors to light, formal to casual. So, I have discovered a process that works best. My Mother and I have such similar taste and she knows my "vision" for the wedding that she picks out several options (think invitations) and I choose. Easy enough. This has made the process seamless....And then I got into the box. Since then I have questioned every decision we have made, re-thought the vision of the wedding and ultimately returned to square 1 sending people a link of a dress that I like. They kindly remind me that I already have a dress. Like I forgot. There is a magazine on each night stand by the bed, in the bed, on the coffee table, in the kitchen, on the couch, and yes, in the bathroom. I'm out of control! Beau has kindly offered to make the box "disappear".

So, Elaine, if you read this let me know if you want to pass on the box to any of your friends that can handle such a sweet gift!! ;-)

Not my photo.....but you get the 'picture' ;-)

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!! Pass them on or just make them disappear ( : I couldn't handle actually throwing them away myself so have Beau send them to the happy wedding magazine place in heaven. I would recommend keeping a few (like 5 max) of your favorites bc I needed visuals when it came it picking out how to do my hair. But even then my friend looked through and found options for me and let me pick. I couldn't go back through the magazines after everything was planned.