Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas 2014 - Part 1

December is already half way over - that was fast! Here is what has been keeping us busy....

The house is lit! (Spotted: A creepy husband peering from the second story center window) :)

Christmas cards went out. It only took 3 separate photo shoots and an entire bag of marshmellows to get a remotely okay picture. This wasn't my vision but we gave up and they look adorable. They are always teaching me that things don't have to go my way for them to still turn out okay. :)

Frisco Square lights - something to experience! But don't ask Grayson, who fell asleep. The kid can not stay awake in the car! Another thing he gets from his Mama ;)

Walker-esque Christmas attire. This kid is something special, y'all. He just loves to wear strange things. Especially Brother's cowboy boots that are twice his size!
Christmas movies....

Ugly Sweater party at our last MOPS meeting of the year....these ladies brought it! 

These are the finalists - it was so hard to choose the best. 
I really love my table this year. Heather, in the white sweater, won 2nd place in our sweater contest. The deer on her sweater were really feeling the love that day ;)
Pictures with Santa - my parents' neighborhood had a (free) Santa at their clubhouse so we opted to skip the lines. Glad we did - it was traumatic! But the lunch was good after....

I really didn't ever want to be the parent in the Santa pic. So much for that!



Long day of being fearful of Santa....so Walker was helping to hold up Brother's head while he slept. Melt my heart!  
I just liked this picture of Walker :)
We really love being with friends but taking 3 or 4 or more kids to a restaurant is a BEATING these days. So we entertain at the house quite a bit. Here Grayson is with his fellow leftie, Brady. His parents (Emily & Jeff) are some of the funniest people we've ever met. Looking forward to spending more time with them!


Trains at NorthPark - Ma wanted to take the boys to this and they really enjoyed it :) Grayson more so than Walker. La Duni for lunch after and I was reminded how I could spend every day at NorthPark and be perfectly happy.




Walker is Grayson's copy cat. He does everything his brother does! ;)
Winter is here if our view is any indication. I love to pour a cup of coffee and take in the peace and quiet. For a split second anyway!
School Christmas Programs - Neither boy really liked being on stage with all those eyes staring back at them. They are glad it's over and I'm just glad I got some good video (of them standing there in silence) :)

Cookies after were this program's saving grace!
Grayson was a shepherd and 3rd from right with the massive crook. 
Day 2: Walker spotted Pop in the crowd and it was game over! Pop had to join a hysterical Walker on stage and he settled down immediately.
My friend Amanda threw a PJs and Pinot gift exchange at her home Friday night and what a great time that was! I've met some really cool mamas here and I have enjoyed growing closer to them. Many of them I've traveled to Canton with the past couple years ago and are also in MOPS so I'm lucky to see them often! Endless laughs, I landed an awesome gift and we didn't leave until 2am! I think it was because we were so comfy in our PJs! 


The boys were invited to a birthday party at the Dallas Zoo yesterday and it was so much fun! Perfect weather for December and the boys really enjoyed it. It's so cool to see Grayson get things and grow and ask questions.

Enamored by the giraffes
Penguins!
Our friends put on the hard sell for us to join the Santa Pub Crawl here in Frisco. What a hoot! The dance parties on the bus rides were probably the best part but it was all so much fun!
On the bus with our friend Ben creeping in the background
Group #2 busting out in spontaneous Christmas carols ;)
With Ben & Liz, Jeff & Emily


Tame kick-off before it was an all out dance party. I won't post those pics :)
Hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season - hugs to all!

No comments: