Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Curious Case of the $1,200 Picture Frame...



Who knew that a) picture frames can be priced in this range and b) Beau and I would accidentally register for one! Much to my surprise, there it was on our registry when I looked online yesterday. I was seeing if all our items were added since our trip to Corpus over Christmas. They were added alright. Along with the $1200 picture frame! And it's a 5X7! It's not even huge :-)

We thought it was a mistake at first since there wasn't a picture to reference. Beau did some searching, found the style online and yep, we both remember registering for it! It was to the back of the shelf, neither of us picked it up so we didn't see the price. Honest mistake since the others were all around the $20 mark.

I called Hanley Wood asking that they remove it immediately since it makes us look greedy and ridiculous! I love the ladies that work there - they are so sweet! They completely understood.

In case you are wondering, it is silver plated and made by the designer, Buccellati. Yeah, no idea. I can't really figure our what is so special about it other than the price of silver is on the rise.

No comments: