Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blogger Catch-Up

I had my bridal portrait taken this weekend and it was wonderful!! We voted for indoors since, it's safe to say, I chose the ugliest month of the year for my portrait! Besides, a picture perfect day in Corpus, sans wind and clouds, is difficult to find. We took it at the Kings Crossing Country Club and the most exciting part of it all was the natural light coming into the windows at the time of the shoot. It was so pretty! Watching my Mom's reactions was a particular treat :-)

Some things I have meant to blog about but haven't had time:

1) Beau's truck was ransacked one night! He randomly left the doors unlocked one night and some kids (we think) got into it and really stirred things up. We both keep our valuables out of our cars for this very reason but they did take both our car chargers, one of which recently broke. BAHAHA! Take that!

2) We are now zero for 3 on putting offers on homes. I really want to quit but you already know that. I won't belabor the point. I also won't mention that the 2 new homes on our list to see this week have had contracts put on them in the past couple of days. greaaaaat. It's never ending :-(

3) The Bachelor!! How could anyone not be wrapped up in this chain of events recently?! I haven't even watched at all this season and am hooked with the girl switch. Melissa shouldn't have given the ring back....ABC paid for it, after all!

4)Beau has been home for 3 weeks, going on 4! Words can't express how thrilled I am. My days are brighter, my nights are more joyful, I just love him! I love having him home even though he takes my remote, makes me sleep late and produces more body heat than 10 old guys in a sauna. What did I do without moments like now where I am sitting on the couch watching the Bachelor while he lies in bed singing the Outback Steakhouse theme song in protest?! Or when he sits Shelby up on her hind legs and makes up songs for her to sing (he's surprisingly good at rhyming words)?! ;-)

Wedding Updates: 46 days left! I wish you could have seen Beau's face when I asked him if he wanted to pick out water bottle labels with me ;-) Too funny - we are getting into the little details that are the finishing touches but put the layer of stress on the wedding planning that I've heard so much about. Fortunately, my mom is surrounded by wonderful friends that have offered to help from the beginning! Bridal gifts arrived at my parents' house recently and they look great! Now if I can get Beau to order his groomsmen gifts! He's killin' me! :-) I'm now shopping for wedding event dresses and honeymoon clothes. It really is all the fun stuff and I couldn't be happier!

No comments: