Friday, March 27, 2009

This roller coaster they call Life

So much is happening every day and I have zero blog entries to document it all! Days are flying by - faster than I ever dreamed! I really thought time would drag the month before the wedding but I feel as though I'm being shoved into the next day with no preparation or recap of the day before.

So, let's start with my Bachelorette Party! My sisters are truly incredible - they held a full weekend of parties for me that I will cherish in my heart forever. This past Saturday was mani/pedis and lunch at the salon, a lingerie shower at Whit's house (love her place!), dinner at Cuba Libre and bottle service at LIFT. GREAT pics of that night - I will be sure to add when I have more time. We did brunch the next morning at Breadwinners to recap. Love my girls!! :-)

Beau and I got our marriage license today!! I wish I could say it was eventful, that we took pictures and that we capped it off with a great lunch......That wasn't it at all.....nothing about a government office is eventful (why are Gov't workers so mean? wait, never mind), instead of pictures, Beau fielded phone calls about impending layoffs at his company and we ended up grabbing a bite at the Wendy's next door. Where I cried. Not of joy. Not of elation. But of true fear that Beau may lose his job and that we might not get our first home. We are in the option period so there is still time to back out.

All of that being said, he's safe! Today. Who knows what the future will hold but he had a great conversation with his Manager who told him that he likes him a lot and that he has several projects lined up for Beau. I have faith in his Boss. I really do.

We have decided to move forward with the home buying! I won't burden you with the details but know that we played it safe from the beginning with this home knowing that we are in scary times and that a 1 income family is likely. Be happy for us!!

We close on the 8th and from the schedule below, you can tell that this roller coaster isn't slowing down, so strap yourself in and enjoy this ride b/c we are! ;-)

Wedding Update: 23 days - wowza! I can say we are getting married next month!, the grooms cake is pretty much finalized (thank goodness!), I have had more than 3 conversations with people saying that I don't want our faces on wedding paraphernalia!!, flower contract is signed, the guest list was up to 3 digits in less than 2 weeks and I have more lingerie than I know what to do with!! Life is grand (and terrifying).... ;-)

No comments: