Tuesday, December 6, 2011

17 month update...a little late.

Probably my longest post yet with the blurriest photos! I don't expect anyone to read all this but it's more for us to look back on! :D


You simply amaze me with how much you watch us when we don't even realize. You let Brinkley out of his kennel the other day. That kennel is complicated to open! Yesterday, you pulled out the lint trap to the dryer and started pealing back the lint like you have seen me do, I guess. You put on chapstick the way we do, brush your teeth, and drink from straws like you have always known how. I love never knowing what you will pick up next. ;) Hopefully only the good stuff, of course. Eek! :)
You had actually just put your toothbrush down when I snapped this (sigh)
After watching Pop work the grill, we had to check out every. single. one
at Lowe's. I had no idea they had so many!
Wearing sunglasses like your Mama.
And a purse too...eek!
Clothes vary from 18mo - 2T. It's kind of crazy actually. I'm sure it's just different brands.


You are getting much better at sitting and playing with toys on your own. The attention span is so much better! You especially love "cooking" things. We can leave you alone with a few bowls, spatulas and anything that will fill it (like toy cars) and you are good for quite some time! You majorly love tongs, mopping things, anything on a stick to carry and wave in the air and vacuums are the bees knees.


Walk backwards like the Moonwalk while smiling. All while knowing exactly where the wall is.


You will watch TV and cuddle on the couch only with your Dad. Apparently he forms some kind of "nook" that I can't duplicate! :/ He loves trying to teach me how to get you to cuddle. Mr. High and Mighty! :D


You enjoy putting caps & lids back on things: toothpaste, sippy cup, milk carton, etc.


You love to run! SO cute. Still wobbly, with your hair and arms bouncing all over the place. :)


Love playing hide and seek. I'm a little worried because you have so much fun with this that you may do it in public and I'll have a panic attack thinking I lost you.


Can follow commands and seems to know everything we say to you. My favorite is watching you be "gentle" with people and dogs. You pet everyone ;) (warning: I sound like I'm talking to a dog here - so annoying. but you get the point!)



Found your belly button! It's the cutest thing. You also know where your nose, ears and mouth are. Daddy and Mimi taught you all this. :)


Your Dad also taught you to jump. You don't actually leave the ground yet, which makes this all the more entertaining!



You are now the pickiest eater. You don't really seem to be losing any weight and like a typical toddler, somedays something will hit the spot (long enough for me to buy out the store) and then before I know it, you hate it. What a change from the way you used to be! You were such a good eater!
Not interested in Chik-fil-a?! Who ARE you? ;)
You are kissing us on the mouth now and making the sweetest little smacking sound. My heart melts!! This is by far the best part.


You are getting 6 teeth right now, 4 of which are molars. This causes major crankiness, waking up during the night and we feel so bad for you! It's newborn status all over again with the sleep deprivation. Ready to have a full set of teeth :)


You LOVE carrying things that are twice your size or bigger! Boxes, pillows, toy boxes, etc. And you are so strong! Definitely don't get that from me. :)


You are just so much fun to hang out with! Your smile melts my heart, your mischevious nature kind of terrifies me and your laugh is contageious. I haven't met one person who doesn't crack a smile when you do.


You like to be chased. Any time I'm trying to put your coat or shoes on, change your diaper, pick you up to put you in the car, shopping cart, high chair, anything, you take off! Your Mimi reminded me this is particularly dangerous in parking lots if you were to bolt. I have an even tighter grip on you these days. :)


You have a special relationship with your Dad. :) Your eyes light up when you see him for the first time each week when he gets home. I don't ever remember a time where you "forgot" him or had to get to know him again, you always knew your Dada! 
Picture is chopped b/c my main focus was the precious PJs
that the Seemans gave us. :)
Other things worth noting....
You love your milk! You are so content with it. :) 
Can't seem to kick the pacifier. :/
You hate hats and won't keep them on. Bummer
b/c how cute is this?!

No comments: