Sunday, December 11, 2011

Our Home: Christmas Edition

Beau and I have really enjoyed decorating this year. It didn't happen all in the same day or even the same week but it has really come together. We are still waiting to do the outside - thinking next year! Meanwhile, here are some photos of the inside...please note, I was playing with my Hipstamatic app so they're a little silly but you get the point. :) Not too terribly different than my decor update from 2009...


We purchased a new pre-lit tree that better fits in our living room. Taller (9ft) but less full at the bottom so we have more room to walk around! Our old one was almost 6 ft in diameter - yikes! I really love our new tree!
Remember Beau's Bow?! :)
Our mantle is a little full but includes some of my favorite things so I can't complain. :) I threaded little tree cut-outs through the ribbon on the stockings and wrote our names on them. My little cost-effective way of not monogramming.
Four stockings (Brinkley & Shelby share one)
I have been wanting to put a wreath in each window for the past couple of years and I finally found some that I like! I kind of want to keep them up year round...but I won't. :) It's hard to tell what they are from this picture so here are some words to describe them: rose gold, glittery, detailed, leafy.


We haven't really bought a lot of Christmas decorations mainly because I've been caught up on lack of storage space. But I couldn't resist this little cutie cookie jar.
I caught Grayson ON this table with his hand in the jar pulling
out a cookie. He's so smart. ;)
Believe it or not, this chandelier ornament tree was all Beau's idea! Time consuming but well-worth it and actually looks more like a "tree" in person...

Grayson and I did a Christmas craft that now hangs on his bedroom door. We put a hook on his door hoping to always have one of his little creations hanging from it throughout the year. Here is his Christmas craft...it's a Christmas tree made of his little handprints, which really makes it look like a moss tree but whatev. It will live on the Christmas tree as an ornament after this year. :)
Lastly, I took Beau to Home Goods a few weeks ago for some lamps. We left with this Christmas carousel and zero lamps. He was like a child who just HAD to have it. You talk about a storage nightmare (it's SO fragile) but it made the hubby so happy. ;) The candles keep the fan above and the little snowmen below spinning. I've already caught Grayson melting a toothbrush over the candles. Never a dull moment in this house!
I love seeing how all of my friends are decorating for Christmas! It's my absolute favorite time of year and I love sharing all of our holiday updates on this little blog. :) Merry Christmas, friends!

1 comment:

andrea andrea andrea leigh said...

I love it! I particularly love the Christmas craft. I must say, that is some of your best handwriting ever :) I wish I could be there more!