Sunday, November 25, 2012

10 Days of Thanksgiving

Beau has been home for 10 glorious days, which alone is plenty to be thankful for! I thought I'd take a chance to give thanks to one thing on each of those days. So, 10 Days of Thanks (in no order) along with the few pictures we took this week...

Day 1) Time - I'm thankful for the time that we're all given. I feel like I've been so lucky to have all this time with my parents and grandmothers. And especially with Grayson. I'm thankful for the time we get with Beau. I always wish we had more time with him but even after these 10 days, I still want more. Maybe that's a good strategy, always leave your spouse wanting more time with you. ;) I only pray for the most amount of time possible with the people that I love.

With Mimi at the holiday bazaar at Ma's place.

Ma Smith and Maw Caldwell catching up on Thanksgiving

Day 2) Family - I wish I could lock everyone in a mansion and make them spend time with me forever :) Too harsh? The holidays remind me how much I love all the personalities in our family. From cousins to in-laws to sisters - I am thankful for them all - even when we can't be together all the time.
Pop, Grayson and Mimi
Once again, not one single picture with each side of the family! And we spent 3 days straight with the Dallas Caldwells and Maw! Sheesh. Oh well, love to all!
Day 3) Friends - Near and far, all of them, all of you. So, so thankful for every friend's personality that has graced my life!
Sorority sisters together for the holidays!
JoDee is visiting from Singapore - we miss her so much!
L to R: Me, JoDee, Jenne and Michelle
Beau's fraternity brothers and wives
L to R: Sarah, Parm, Deran, Pam, Cal and Beau
Day 4) God's Plan - I don't know what He has in store for us but if there were nothing but dark days ahead, I'd have enough in my 32 years of memories so far to get through them. I have so much to look back on, from my childhood to some great college years, the single years in Dallas with friends, a crazy career, and of course, this time with Beau and Grayson. Incredibly blessed and thankful for every minute that has been given to me.
Day 5) This personality, the feet that fill those boots, those eyes, that smile and that tiny voice.
Why yes, that IS a cucumber on the floor. Which is strange with no explanation. 30 Week pregnancy/veggie comparison blog entry to follow! :)
Day 6) Baby Walker, so far - I give thanks to God every day for this little guy. This always goes hand in hand with my prayers for Grayson, but it's true. I was getting so frustrated and sad that he wasn't here as fast as I wanted. But I'm loving God's timing, am thankful for this pregnancy so far and pray daily for the healthiest outcome. I am so thankful for this journey so far. 
Brinkley is such a camera hog ;)
Day 7) Beau's work ethic - I sometimes make bad, unfunny jokes about Beau's job being "boring." I need to stop that because he loves what he does, he strives to learn more every day and not a lot of people know how to do it. He and his work ethic have been the main reason I can rest my head at night with little worry even when he's in another state still at the office and working a 20 hour day. And he has NEVER complained about it once. So thankful for all that he does.
Okay, so I don't have any pictures of him at his job but he applies that same work ethic to everything he does around the house and for that, I am SO thankful!
Day 8) Health - So, so thankful that we're all healthy. And that we don't have much family history of anything. I pray every day that this is our normal.
Christmas card photo outtake!
Day 9) Safety - I'm so thankful for a safe city, neighborhood and house and the people, like our police officer neighbor, who selflessly keep us feeling that way. Feeling secure is invaluable and I'm thankful for the people that put their lives on the line daily for that. 


Day 10) Fears - Don't get me wrong, I wish I didn't have any. But I'm grateful for these feelings because they're a reminder of how good things are the rest of the time. I've lost a job and worried about how I was going to pay the bills. I've feared for safety, feared that I'd never meet my husband or wouldn't be able to have children or stay home with them. My fears keep things a little more balanced and make things that much more beautiful when they happen the other way. I still fear that I'm going to lose any member of my family at any time. This helps me to cherish every minute I have with them. Otherwise, I'd be delusional thinking we're all invincible. :)

Happiest of Thanksgivings to all of our loved ones near and far! xoxo

No comments: