Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012 - All of it!

I have a blog secret. With marathon holidays like this one, I actually begin drafting my blog post at the beginning of the month. Crazy, right? I just know that I'd never get to it if I tried to do it all at once. While I'm so happy to move on to Thanksgiving, we did have a blast this month so here is October in one ridiculously long pre-filled-out recap! :)

Pumpkin Patch - I know everyone loves the pumpkin patches that are like 20 miles away but Grace Avenue has such a cute little set-up right here in Frisco with everything you need: pumpkins of all sizes, a maze, bounce houses, photo backdrops and hay rides and it's all FREE. So, here we are at the church that we seem to spend more time at these days than our own....


No time for pictures with Mama!
 Arts and Crafts - Another year of some fun crafty things around the house. But this year, Grayson also had plenty that he brought home from school! I really look forward to picking him up each day as there is always something awesome in his basket! 
I have a soft spot for foot and hand prints - can't get enough of them! 
More school goodies. These definitely made his giant artwork folder! (not all do ;) )
Grayson and I made a Q-tip skeleton! G wanted to name him "Bite." So we did. :) Oh, and his bow tie looks like a band-aid - ha!
This one was fun. I cut out all the windows and Gray got to put his stickers inside the house. 
Beau can not resist a crafts project! I was so content painting pumpkins while he and Grayson were making a sword out of wood in the backyard when he came in to grab something. Before I knew it, he had a brush and the pumpkin that I was working on in his hands! It cracks me up b/c he's such a dude the rest of the time.
Voila! I love how they turned out. We shall keep them until they rot. And then keep them some more.
Trunk or Treat - Have I been living under a rock? This is seriously the first year I've ever even heard this term (I even asked the girl next to me at my MOPS table if I heard the announcement correctly), then soon after see just about every church, local organization, person w/ kids in my Facebook newsfeed talking about their very own Trunk or Treat event! Did this exist last year? Where have I been? There were too many people there to get good pics of some of the themed trunks but goodness, people put tons of effort into this! 
Refused to dress up so we just threw on his bomber jacket and called him The Fonz ;)
With Daddy
Fake smile so he could get back to eating his candy :)
Church Festival - St. Philip's put on quite the festival this year and we were really excited to get to attend! Sad to miss our play group's annual shindig that was at the same time but Andrea was in town so she and my mom joined the 3 of us. We got to see a lot of church friends we hadn't seen in a while so it was nice! And a beautiful day to boot!
Father Clay in the dunk tank - it was like 55 degrees outside!
Father/Son football lesson
Covered in bake sale goodies

Oh. My. World!
Halloween Night - A busy day with a lot of surprises for this child! School, then Mimi picked him up for some trick-or-treating at Ma's retirement community! They had a fun party and apparently then women all looked pretty fabulous in their get-ups! ;) I stayed behind to set up for the block party and bounce house!
Proved me wrong! We got him in a costume at the last minute!


Heading back for one more kiss and hug. Can I brag? We seriously have the best hugger/kisser. Hopes he's still like this when he's 16. Yeah right. ;)

Bye bye Mommy! He's so good at taking off and leaving without tears! My big boy.
The Good Witch and Elmo (Isn't Ma adorable?!)
 Neighborhood Block Party - We were all so pleased with the turn-out! I'd say we had more traffic than our Spring Fling earlier this year! Our neighbors are really starting to get to know each other, which is the goal, so yay. The Asels and Reynolds have decided to do this 2x a year as a tradition. Also a tradition, the caramel vodka shots and apples and caramel dipping sauce (used a chaser) that one of the families brought! Holler. A total hit and our new best friends (kidding on that last part ;)).
Earlier in the evening 
The Asels rockin' Scooby Doo! They even had the soundtrack playing! Haha.

Loves "Wowery's" (Lowery's) scooter. On the Christmas list, for sure.

What a great month! For next year, I'm already scheming a Family of 4 costume of some kind! :)

No comments: