Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Week Pregnancy Update

At 30 weeks, Baby is the length of a large cucumber!

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 23lbs
Maternity clothes: Tops aren't long enough anymore! It's way too early for this. I'm long waisted so it's always a problem but still. A belly hanging out from under a shirt is up there with the least attractive things in life.
Sleep: Fine. Starting to feel a nap coming on in the afternoons. I mentioned last time that I was loving not needing them! I'm definitely missing my energy. 
Best moment this week: Being with family. Which has nothing to do with pregnancy but it's true :)
Movement: Still plenty!
Cravings: Same - Not really too bad. Still a big glass of milk in the mornings, the occasional candy and still no interest in chicken. Bleh.
Symptoms: Losing my energy fast. Restless leg syndrome is back sometimes at night. Also, I realized recently what ISN'T happening! Unlike last time, I don't have that crazy black line on my belly, acne, or blurry vision. I thought I did but I just needed to replace my contacts - ha!
What I miss: My 20 year old body :)
What I am looking forward to: Holding Walker!
Weekly Wisdom: It's fun to watch Shelby curl up next to my belly at night only to constantly be jostled by Walker's movement. :) She's so over it and usually ends up by Beau. 
Milestones: I think 30 weeks is a milestone - it means only 2 more months and down to every-2-week appointments. Sono this Thursday!
Other updates: I got the green light from my doctor to go to New Orleans! As long as things keep the way they are, of course. Which is great b/c I hadn't even considered not going.
A 30 week belly the 2nd time around!
At 30 weeks with Grayson.

No comments: