Sunday, November 11, 2012

28 Week Pregnancy Update


At 28 weeks, Baby is the size of an eggplant!
How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 20lbs
Maternity clothes: Being pregnant in the opposite season as the last time really proves to be a challenge in the wardrobe department! 
Stretch marks? So far, so good.
Sleep: Fine. Getting up about 2x a night but can usually go right back to bed. Haven't really felt like I needed a nap   during the day yet. I don't look forward to that part of the end of pregnancy.
Best moment this week: Grayson now starts conversations about his "brothers." :) He's very protective of the belly, usually shooing Shelby away to protect "them" all while leaning on my belly to do so. It's too cute. 
Movement: I am a punching bag! Most of the day too. I love it. I remember back to missing this feeling when we were having trouble getting pregnant. All I wanted was to feel a baby again, especially sine I never took the time to appreciate it with Grayson. At least I felt like I hadn't. So when this kid is working my insides over - I like to think about that. :)
Cravings: Not really too bad. Still a big glass of milk in the mornings, the occasional candy and still no interest in chicken. Bleh.
Symptoms: Shortness of breath, back pain, my belly button gets places before I do and I'm having a little more difficulty getting up off the floor these days! I always forget about that, will squat down with ease to put G's shoe on or something and then have trouble getting up. :)
What I miss: Being able to bend over and pick things up or move stuff from the washer/dryer without grunting ;)
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this little guy and seeing Grayson meet him for the first time. I told my parents and Beau this morning that I hope this one is my cuddly, gently boy (as Gray was trying to body slam each of them to the floor). Their responses were that it's unlikely! 
Weekly Wisdom: 
Milestones: I'm in the 3rd trimester! After this week's appt, we move to every 2 weeks. And at 30 weeks, we get a sono!
Other updates: The diabetes test came back negative. They did show that my iron is low but that's pretty common. All I had to do was tell that to my mom and she had "iron-rich foods" googled and on the menu for this week. :) Also having trouble wearing my contacts all day, which I remember being a problem last time. I got the urge to play with some baby clothes yesterday so I pulled out the outfits for the hospital. Beau and I are going to try really hard to get out of there in under 4 days but still, that's a lot of opportunity for wardrobe changes! :)

Outtakes of our fun morning photo shoot with the worst, smallest, wrinkliest eggplant that Tom Thumb could possibly sell....


Things went downhill quickly 


No comments: