Wednesday, November 6, 2013

House Progress: Garage Door and Fireplace!

I'm going to keep complaining here b/c when I do, things happen at the house! ;) Only kidding, I do realize I've been venting here lately - I'll *try* to stop that....On a very bright note, I just thought the house was so pretty when I pulled up this evening! The cedar garage door was installed today. This and the door still need stain but fresh wood is still so pretty.

I knew the fireplace extending to the ceiling wouldn't be one consistent tower of stone b/c  of the angle of the walls but this is definitely different! The top is still wet so it appears to be a different color but it should all blend pretty well. I pulled up as the bricklayers were pulling away. The same guys who used to never make eye contact with me now smiled from ear to ear as they drove off. I guess I'm the "wife of the guy who provided the tequila for their stellar weekend." Not that bricklayers use the word "stellar." Moving on...just happy they were back to work on this!
It hurt my soul to see that the beautiful backsplash was broken into to add plugs, disposal switch, etc. 

And they had to pull this off to do it. I guess it's just a part of the process where every crew has to come back time and time again to fix things. We now need tile, more wood, paint and whoever else.
 Can not wait to see what happens next!

2 comments:

Miller Time said...

Looks beautiful, Stacey! Will you have 2 mantle surfaces with the tiered fireplace??

Stacey said...

Thanks Kristi! And you're right, I didn't realize that I would now have TWO ledges to possibly decorate. Not that I want to junk it up but yes, I went by there yesterday and that top ledge is much more substantial than the little mantle. You're very observant! :)