Tuesday, November 5, 2013

House Progress: Stone Finished-ish!


So, there! The bricklayers honored their word to Beau (and the booze) and finished the stone/brick yesterday! This looks very different than what I was expecting but I do like it. I'm keeping an open mind from here on out. This house is like a box of chocolates for goodness sake. ;)

They have not been back to finish the fireplace and I'm a little curious when that is going to happen. After all, that was part of Beau's bribe. ;) Also, it looks like they ran out of brick for some small spots in the back of the house. Nothing is "finished" at this point so I'm a bit anxious.

I checked on the house today and the electricians were in there installing the wrong light fixtures. Boo! I told them, they stopped and removed what they had put up, I called the builder who happened to be just a couple of streets down and he met me there within minutes. He ordered the right thing but the company sent the wrong stuff. Who knows how long that will take!

It was too bad that happened but I got to have a really good conversation with Jack, the construction manager and the electrician. It turns out that NONE of our add-ons have been ordered. So we walked through them one-by-one and Jack placed many of them while I was standing right there. And since the electricians were halted on light fixtures, they were able to add the lighting that we ordered: under cabinet lighting in the kitchen and butler's pantry, additional can lights in the living room, extra light switches, etc. None of which the electrician knew about. Grrrrr! Apparently the media room wet bar will take 3 weeks to be completed. :( Obviously that pushes our close date again. I just have to let go on all of this. It will just happen when it happens.

Hopefully more to come soon! :)

No comments: