Sunday, November 3, 2013

House Update for the Past Week

I wanted to put something like: "woo hoo, it's closing month!!" or "Just 2 more weeks til we're in!" but those are untruths sadly. We received word earlier this week that they are indeed delayed again and that a November 15th close is looking more like around Thanksgiving. Our realtor and Beau both think December is more likely. I'm so disappointed but encouraged by the progress from this past week...


The granite sink is in and I love it! I mentioned this before but the plastic is off and faucet was added.
Front door is in and just needs to be stained and hardware added.
As far as the exterior, I left off saying that our request to add more stone to the front was denied due to timing. However, with a week of rain delays, they were able to order and have delivered a lot more stone and they got busy adding it over the weekend! I asked for stone to be added to EITHER the top 1/2 around the third window OR the top 1/2 of the garage. They put the stone on BOTH areas. That plus the panel above the front door and you have yourself A LOT of stone. Perhaps too much. Be careful what you wish for, I guess! I'm sure it will look fine; just a little different than I imagined. This builder is full of surprises! :)

You know who else is full of surprises? Beau Reynolds, himself. While I was on a little girls getaway weekend to Canton, he headed over to the house and made friends with the head bricklayer. When the guy quoted 2 weeks until they could be back to finish the exterior and fireplace, Beau did what any rational man would do and bribed the guy with beer and tequila for his crew in order to have it all done by this Monday. I love that Man! Just never know what's in store with him. :)

I never dreamed they would add stone to this whole top portion! 
A crew of 8 or 10 worked all day Saturday and got about half of the stone work done. It's a tough job!
Halfway completed. I'm eager to see how they will solve this with those angles.
I'd love to see the momentum picked back up on the inside of the house this week. We're in need of light fixtures, bathroom mirrors, A/C work, sheetrock and paint repair, and door handles among many other things. They need to get busy on the media room wet bar and the cedar garage door. I could go on!

No comments: