Monday, May 31, 2010

35 Weeks (or my little Honeydew!)

I really started feeling uncomfortable in week 35. This is when we discovered that yes, Baby Grayson is still breech and also has the umbilical chord around his neck! We will most likely do a C-section, which I can't say I'm too upset about. I know it's painful and the recovery is much longer BUT both ways have their pros and cons and let's face it, a C-section is SCHEDULED and how do I love a good plan! The up-in-the-air, wait for it, surprise labor was freakin' me out! His head is permanently in my rib cage and it effects the way I sit and lay every moment of every day.

What else is going on? I officially told RAZOR that my last day before maternity leave would be June 9th. This gives me plenty of time before the due date (June 26th) to finish up some last minute errands, to veg out a bit, enjoy some Me Time and overall, prepare for this new, exciting time in our lives. 

How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


This WOULD be what my baby looks like if he was in the correct position! Flip him around, wrap a chord around him a few times and you have a Grayson! I can't WAIT to meet him! :-)

No comments: