Friday, May 13, 2011

My First Mothers Day!

Have I mentioned recently how truly blessed I am?! My cup runneth over! Beau, Grayson and I spent the morning of Mothers Day with my parents and Ma at her new place. They had a lovely brunch in the dining room and the food was all SO good. Ma is quite the lucky lady to be living in such a lovely place with so many great friends surrounding her. We really enjoyed our morning there. I linked to the photo gallery above to give you an idea - the dining room is just like any country club I've been to - I'm ready to move in! :)


At Ma's new apartment (before it was unpacked!)
Afterwards, Beau, Grayson and I headed out to Beau's brother's house for a late lunch/early dinner. They cooked up some awesome food and we enjoyed the rest of the day there with Beau's family. Grayson was running a slight fever by the time we got there but he did really well for going, going, going all day! 


Beau and Grayson gave me a really sweet 16x20 frame that holds 8 pictures of us as a family - it is SO special. :) And it's a quick glance of just how far we have come as a family in one short year! They also had a 8x10 picture frame with a photo collage of many other pictures from this past year - this was waiting for me on the bathroom counter when I stumbled in that morning - what a pleasant surprise :) These pictures make me SO happy but there is a twinge of sadness that I can't pinpoint. I think it's because Grayson is growing up so fast and those baby moments are over. Simply gone. I can't dwell though because it seems like each month I find myself saying, "Okay really, THIS is my favorite month with him!"  It just gets better as he develops into a little person and interacts with us more and more.


Happy Mothers Day - albeit very late! ;-)

No comments: