Sunday, April 1, 2012

Manic Monday - Part Boo.

Just when you thought a Mom's days were all pretty similar...take a look at my day this past Monday; not to be confused with the Manic Monday I talked about last time....


I spent 7am-9am getting Grayson ready for school and convincing myself that THIS IS NOT A RASH and said things like, "You WILL go to school!" because dangit, he only goes one day a week!



After I successfully dropped off that splotchy face at school without any alarms sounding, I drove home only to pass this blue tractor!



(you know, the one that I have been obsessing over for Grayson's tractor-themed birthday party?! The one that matches his jonjon....)
So I pulled over and ran out in the middle of that freshly-plowed-whateva with flailing arms to see a farmer about a tractor. He heard "blah blah need this tractor blah blah for 3 hours blah in my driveway blah for mid-June blah blah pleeeease." More on that madness later.

I then attempted yard word. Lasted 11 minutes.

At noonish, my Mom picked me up so we could be Ladies who Lunch on the Breadwinners patio. How do we never run out of things to talk about?

But then I found myself to be an accessory to an illegal u-turn at the ONLY "Michigan Left Turn" in the state of Texas. Plano police are so so proud that they hold this stupid record. We had to hear about it.
Taking a pic with the PO-lice, that's right.
Once Grayson was home from school, we hung with Mimi and Pop long enough to help them with their new, very cool herb garden. Grayson was helping to water when I noticed his Mexi-CAN elbow. He comes by it honestly (what? I can say that since he's 1/16 Mexican).
Farmers tans unite! It's his Mexi-TAN. 
Wait, just one more....


We spent more time outside when we got home b/c Grayson was BORN to be outside. He has no interest in the indoors and just whimpers at the back door until I let him out. Sort of like Brinkley.


Farmer's tan photo session - take 1...
That evening: dinner/bath/book/sleep/wake up sick? Sure, why not. Long story, Grayson was miserably uncomfortable and our neighbors kindly came over to stock pile my house with meds for this very unhappy child. See why we love them so much?! We only have Children's Advil since G doesn't get sick (I have since bought my own of everything they brought over).

Diagnosis: bad, itchy, rashy sunburn (despite sunscreen over 2 days). 
Treatment: Aloe, benadryl, sleeping with me and only allowing me 1/10 of my own bed all night. 
 Shelby girl was worried about such an unhappy boy. We don't see him like this very often. :(
9 hours of sleep for Grayson; 3 for me. Particularly tough b/c I was supposed to have an interview today. On THREE hours of sleep. Psshh.


That isn't how you pictured an average day, huh? Me neither! :) 

If I really wanted to drive this randomness home, I didn't make that interview because I locked my keys/purse/phone in the car while getting gas in Dallas 15 minutes before the meeting. Full makeup/hair/dry clean only clothes all a bust since I shelled out $80 to pay a locksmith for 1.5 minutes of work just to head back to Frisco in rush hour traffic.

Oh, and I lost the phone # to the farmer of that blue tractor. GAWD! 

No comments: