Sunday, October 28, 2012

26 Week Pregnancy Update (and other happenings)

I'm completely bored with the questionnaire I've been doing thus far! So my update for this last week of my 2nd trimester (woot!) is that it's getting more difficult to move around and I'm crazy out of breath. My stomach muscles are shot so there's a lot of rolling to sit up and get out of bed. :) 

Instead of the questions, I'll include the baby's growth progress courtesy of What To Expect. I actually miss reading these each week religiously! ;)

Your Baby in Week 26 of Pregnancy

He now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, his eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. What accounts for that response? His brain is more developed and sophisticated.
Feel like you're carrying the Karate Kid with all the kicking going on? Your baby is actually practicing all kinds of movements that will eventually be used in life on the outside — including pedaling against your belly, a sort of prewalking skill. As your baby's nervous system becomes more developed, the movements will become much more coordinated. 

My favorite moment: One morning, Grayson just "got it." He whispered, "Mommy...brothers?" as he put his hand on my belly. Melt my heart! There were definitely tears. I don't have the heart to tell him that "brothers" is only "brother." He probably thinks he's getting a litter ;)
This was when we got home last night from a night out. Still awake but still so sweet!
Maybe he really is paying attention to his new book?! Each page walks Grayson through what he can expect with the new baby. Complete with a picture of Grayson and some other personalized fun! I love having this for him!
At 26 weeks, Baby is the size of a head of lettuce!

Other updates:
I fell! I'm clumsy but not usually a faller. I missed a step, fell on my hip, my stuff went flyng and hurt my ankle. I was worried for the baby for a second but with his crazy-frequent and intense movements (no complaints here!), he has put my mind at ease ever since. :)

Grayson's being sick for a whole week and half completely threw me for a loop! I had no idea how much I had taken for granted having a healthy kid. We went through 3 tough, exhausting phases: cough/congestion, vomit and finally, diarrhea. The second phase resulted in a professional carpet cleaning, the housekeeper doing an extra-thorough job and me doing 10,000 loads of laundry and disinfesting everything a hundred times! All calm is restored in our house - I never want to go through that again! I know I will but I'm a total expert now. Until the next time. 
Grayson's teacher is simply amazing. Seriously. She texted me these 2 pictures of G's classmates to let us know that he was missed!
The board says "We miss you Grayson!"


First day back at school after being sick so we had to get a treat after! He could finally have ice cream again!
What else? Oh, this happened....
100% moved into his big boy room! The sleep transition was the final part and, like his other sleeping milestones, seems to be going just fine. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!
 This also happened....
Who takes a toddler to buy a tuxedo? We do. Thankfully they had basketball. This is the saddest game of 1-man basketball I've ever seen. ;) He's holding his own hoop. Ha. Don't worry, I moved in and held it for him!
Oh, and this happened.....
Yes, REALLY. We were enjoying a lovely dinner around my parents' table Friday night with Andrea and Rogan in town when we heard a loud bang. Sure enough, someone hit my car and didn't stop. I have lots of un-Christian thoughts about this and am still not in a good place with it. Mainly the $500 burden they put on us without any regard or common courtesy. It would just never occur to Beau or me to not stop. This inspires me to make sure our children are taught to do the right thing as well!
And finally....
I made STELLAR chili! I can say that b/c for years you've heard me talk about (seen me write about?) how terrible I am at cooking. I went with my mom's "Amazing Chili" recipe that has about 715 ingredients (including things like molasses and cocoa - whu??) but it was truly amazing. Which is good since I was financially invested in it after that shopping trip - ha! Love you Mama! And yo chili.

1 comment:

Courtney Schumacher said...

We JUST had to replace BOTH our mirrors, one which someone hit and ran, one that I (ahem) slightly rammed into the garage door. Such a not fun way to spend money!!!