Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grayson's Room - Final Answer & The Making of a Nursery

I had such a difficult time typing the word "Final" there. Is a room every completely finished? Not for me but I thought I'd show it as close (and not to mention, as clean) as it's ever going to get. Here we go...

I found that the fan we already had in there kind of, sort of, almost, if you squint really hard looks nautical. The blades look like oars. Yes they do, squint harder.


Did I say that this room is final? Because that lonely lamp shade disagrees. I found this textured oatmeal lamp shade in a fun shop in downtown McKinney for 50% off and had to have it. Got it home and Beau said, "Oh nice, it matches the walls." I sense your sarcasm, Mr. Reynolds. Noted, not appreciated. We just can not find a base for it that we like but still searching.
 
I mentioned before that I happened to have this console piece in our garage that Beau was using for tool storage or something. I love that it goes with this room so well! We're converting it into Gray's dresser. I use present tense "converting" loosely as in, it's on the To Do List but rarely spoken of. ;)
I still need to get Beau to pull it out away from that wall and frame. 
My sweet, sweet sister had this bolster pillow custom made just for her nephew! Of course, I made her empty promises of other throw pillows being behind it. An important factor for a interior designer like her. And I still want to do those, Andrea! But a throw pillow in a boy room is just that. I mean, right?
The red matches his sheets!
I think I've already mentioned that Beau turned this anchor into a night light. I love it! I also love that the hull of the boat bed is a toy chest. We need all the storage we can get!

So that's about it! In all it's glory. Minus a lamp base, a couple of throw pillows and the one thing I want in there really, really badly but there is no more wall space: A nautical map of the Corpus Christi Bay. Le Sigh.

Want a sneak peak of the nursery plans? I am so, so happy with the way the paint turned out! Coincidentally, our friends Deran and Sarah gave Grayson a Brooks Brother teddy bear whose bow tie and trousers match this room perfectly! Yeaaaah so, Grayson gifted this bear to Walker and doesn't know it. 

OH! Should I mention here that Baby #2 will be named Walker Beau?! That makes the wall art above make a bit more sense, I guess. :) 

On my mind:

Black-out drapes! I didn't do black-out for Grayson but I won't make that mistake again.

Let's not pretend that his initials won't be everywhere! :) I want to do something like this over the dresser...

A pillow for the glider - with a "w" of course!

I have more up my sleeve. I'll update as it comes along! 

No comments: