Tuesday, December 11, 2012

32 Week Pregnancy Update

This picture helps me to understand why I'm being battered & bruised from the inside every minute of every day! :) He just doesn't have a lot of room in there! Especially b/c he's an estimated pound heavier than average and probably a bit longer too. He is head down, kicking way up in my ribs and must have jazz hands with the pounding on my bladder ;) The only update I have is about increased discomfort, which I just can't complain about. I really can feel the size difference from last month, have a difficult time sitting or laying in one position for long and standing is something I have no interest in doing. My energy level is still okay but all the stuff I just said makes that null and void! 7 weeks and counting! Now to really drive home the fact that I haven't even experienced discomfort yet, here's the write-up from Babycenter about how much growing this baby still has to do! :)

How your baby's growing:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

No fruit picture this week b/c I'm running out of motivation for that so here's a self-taken (swore I would never do this!) picture of the baby bump.

No comments: