Friday, December 21, 2012

While Daddy's Away...

Warning: Marathon post :)

The mice will play! ;) Kidding, we missed him terribly! Beau was out of town for almost 2 weeks (this time Atlanta for a few days; then Dublin the rest of the time.) And 3 of those days, my parents were in Austin for Andrea's engagement party! It's not often that it's really just Grayson and I for that long so I made sure to come up with a rough schedule of activities so that the time would fly by. And it worked! Even though we didn't get to everything. I already posted about a few of the things we did while Beau was away (visiting Santa, Christmas program at school, etc) but here are some others...

Patton's Sip and See - We had an Open House-style party for Lori and Allan's new baby girl, Patton Reese over at their house this past Saturday. Everything was lovely and that little girl is beautiful! Grayson wore his best pink for the occasion. ;) I can't pull any of Lori's pictures for some reason. Boo.
Smashing in pink!

Cookie Making - Oh boy, did Grayson have a ball! We made sugar cookies and it was definitely a fun afternoon. It was our first time to really take on a project like this and I think he did really well! The cookies were for his Daddy's Welcome Home party and they were definitely a hit! :)
He enjoyed rolling but definitely needed help :)
Cutting out was his most favorite part. I had to keep telling him to slow down!
And then re-rolling the dough. Okay, he loved all of it.
He cut out all of these - not bad! 
Mommy/Grayson time!
Nursery Wall Decor- We're doing a photo frame collage over Walker's crib and I thought having Grayson do a painting for one frame would be a cute idea. So, here we are with a toddler and WALL PAINT. Not washable, finger paint. Wall paint. It turned out okay but this was definitely something I had to sneak around to do because I would have heard about how DUMB this was. ;) 
Just a toddler, his paper, paint brush and WALL PAINT.
It turned out FINE. :)  But it was a little stressful. 
The 16-hour fever - We had plans to go to movie night at St. Philip's this past Saturday. The kids got to wear their PJs and it started at 6pm - ideal for us! However, Grayson just wanted to lay in my bed and watch George. Sure enough, he had a low fever starting at about 4:30 and slept most of the time until the following morning. I loved the cuddles and the best part, he woke up fever-free and back to himself on Sunday!
So lovable.

Mimi and Pop return from Austin!
Precious boy! He pulled up this chair and waited for Mimi until she pulled into the drive! Shelby too. :)
Why, you ask, would he be waiting like that? Because Mimi and Pop are way more fun than his Mom! Here's Grayson making spiced pecans and icing for the sugar cookies we cut out the weekend before. 
Make-shift apron. Maybe Santa will bring him one for Christmas...
Mimi in her monogrammed apron - I want to be more like her.  Her baking skills, I mean. Okay, and with a monogrammed apron. ;) 



Doctor Appt - I had my last appointment of the year, last before New Orleans, etc. We'll go again in 3 weeks (b/c Dr. will be on vacay) and then just a couple more appts until the baby is here! Everything looks great still - yay! Funny story - I heard from a friend that also goes to Dr. Jacoby that he's kind of THE guy to do your son's circumcision. I didn't know this was a thing but sure enough, I asked him if he'd ever heard that before. He's such a funny, quiet, quirky guy. He just blushed and shrugged his shoulders and said that yes, he has heard that about himself. Ha! What a "thing" to be known for ;)

Christmas Program: Day 1 of 2 - I didn't capture the first day in my last blog post so here you have it. I just loved those hats! The kids were able to have sweets with us before they returned to their class rooms. 

MOPPETS Christmas Party - The MOPS girls did a great job with this party for our little ones! Each room had a different craft station or two and we ended in the movie room - full of bean bags and snacks. A fun day with his friends!

They had a cute, little photo back drop set up :)
Beau's Welcome Home Party - I thought it would be fun to throw Beau a 3 person (and 2 dog) Welcome Home party yesterday. It kept Grayson and I busy (you know, b/c Christmas time isn't busy at ALL) for several days prior while we were planning the menu, a special coupon book, a Snapfish photo album and of course, making the sign and picking up balloons! 

Grayson ran to his Daddy when he pulled up!
I had to include this one b/c Shelby is suspended in mid-air and a weiner dog hanging from my husband is just funny.
Our set-up. Nothing spectacular but he was surprised! Sat down and had a Shiner with some chips and salsa. Good to be back in Texas, I guess! 
In exactly one week we leave for New Orleans! 
Laters!

No comments: