Saturday, March 23, 2013

Kitchen Remodel - Day 5

On Day 5, I was once again gone due to MOPS and a doctor appointment for Walker but Beau was home and got to have some input on the finishing touches. :) This was really the first time he had been involved, really letting Andrea and I pick and choose everything. I thought this was so sweet of him! He knew how excited I was for this remodel and trusted us to make it look good, which I thought was so trusting of him. :) 

These are pretty dark since the overhead lights aren't in yet. But you get the idea:


The book shelves for my cook books will help to declutter the countertop. And the underlighting is a nice touch,
in my opinion. 
The pendant lights will be installed next week but I'm really pleased with the light that the cans give off so far. Hopefully will have almost as much light as we did before. Beau had them put the can lights on a dimmer, which we'll get a lot of use out of at night. We like to have some low light when we watch movies with Grayson so this will work well. :)
The finished sink and subway tile in a brick pattern. Andrea and I were initially going to d a herringbone pattern, which I still think looks amazing but I just don't have enough surface space to make it look good. It would have been an unnecessary amount of cutting for not a lot of effect. I DO love how clean it all looks (and how easy it will be to clean!) since I've got color everywhere else. 

I have loved this type of hardware for some time. And with Andrea's discount at Restoration Hardware, we got some of the cooler ones I've seen. 
It's probably not as clear here but Beau and I love how everything goes so well with the existing tile. It just looks like it was all picked out together (whew!)

Still to come: Pendant lights and the custom window treatments Andrea is having made for us. They will really tie everything together and I'm so. stinkin'. excited!

Not bad for 5 days, huh?

No comments: