Monday, July 11, 2011

Appendix Shmappendix

I woke up doubled over in pain at about 1 o'clock Thursday morning. Assuming it was food poisoning, I lay there rolling around for hours waiting for my body to tell me that it was time to go to the bathroom or to go throw up. I even tried to initiate the process with no success. At about 5:30am, when the pain wasn't going away and my body wasn't "getting sick", I knew something was wrong. So, since Beau was in Houston for work, I called my parents to come over (WHAT would I do without them?!). My Dad stayed with Grayson while my Mom drove me to the ER and a couple of hours later after checking in, a urine sample, blood work, morphine (THANK GOD), drinking 32 oz. of nastiness and a CT scan, the doctor determined that my appendix was inflamed and that surgery would be best. Long story short, I went into surgery at 12:30pm, don't remember much of anything, woke up to Beau taking pictures of me passed out (Thanks Dude) and  the nurses discharging me WAY earlier than they should have (in my opinion). Two hours later I was home and the rest of the day is a blur. 
Thanks, Hubby.
Beau was SO sweet to catch an earlier flight home to be there when I came out of surgery. He has been wonderful - taking care of me, putting up with my not showering and crazy morning breath. My parents have been AMAZING taking Grayson for 2 1/2 days straight while I have rested (oh, and had a garage sale). I owe everyone BIG TIME! Especially since I did the whole garage sale thing and managed to get worse, prolonging my recovery. Oops.


This is my dramatic picture of sleeping the days and nights away...just me, water and pain meds (whose cap I can't even get back on correctly in my haze)....


Annie is the SWEETEST friend and came by to visit, bringing flowers and a beautiful baby! I only got to keep one of those, which since I can't take care of my own baby, I guess I can understand.
I actually had a blast with my Mom in the ER. She keeps me laughing when she's not even trying to. She can make anything an adventure, even something like this! ;)


I'll leave you with a Beau-ism...
Beau brought me Mooyah Burger in bed (yessss!!) while I was recovering and hours later, I looked in my sports bra...
Me: "Oh wow, I still have crumbs from lunch in my bra."
Beau: "That must be what Jimmy Buffett was singing about. Cheeseburger in Paradise. PARADIIIIIIIISE."

No comments: