Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grayson's 1st Birthday Party

We had a wonderful time at Grayson's birthday party! And I had an even better time planning it. Heehee. We had an incredible turn out - in fact, too many people in our tiny house! Especially with record high temps (102), which meant no one wanted to be outside! But our guests were all troopers and made the best of it. Grayson did really well with all the people too. I was afraid that he would go into overload as kids often do when tons of people invade their space and toys. Here are some pictures of the festivities and thank you to everyone who came - it means the world to us!


I will add here that I'm devastated (yes, that extreme) that we didn't get ANY pictures of the decor and table that I worked so hard on. Ugh. We forgot to set up the bubbles outside and I also forgot to put the veggie tray out. How do these things go out the window when it's game time?! I could NEVER be a quarterback. Or wedding planner. Anyway, enjoy!
Little Red Wagon theme :)
I made Beau recreate this 2 weeks later. I'm not kidding!
Opening family gifts before everyone arrived!
CUTE onesie from G's grandparents!
The sweetest picture - G with his only living Great-grandfather :) 
With Aunt Chrissy and Cousin Payton
Favors!  

The cake was something cinnamon/Cupcakes were red velvet

The only family picture of the day - so lame.
Of course he loved the cake!
Grayson's face LIT UP every time he got to play with this #1 balloon!
Aunt Andrea came in town for the party! So sweet of her :)
Awesome monogrammed backpack from Aunts Amanda and Andrea,
Uncle Andrew and I-wish-I-was-your-Uncle-Rogan
(that's how the card was signed ;))
Overall, a great 1st Birthday!

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Cute!! I can't believe he is already 1. Hope to see yall soon - we were so sad to miss the Fourth of July festivities this year!

The Pharrs said...

Looks like it was a hit! Super cute cake, cupcakes and favors. Good job, Mrs. Reynolds! :)

Earlene said...

We'll just call you Martha Stewart! Judging by the glitz, you were shortchanged in the birthday department as a child. Remember McDonald's? Chuck E. Cheese? Paper bags with stickers and lollipops for favors? The times they are a-changin'!

Good work, Mommy & Daddy, it was all just perfect!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I'm still bummed we don't have more pictures! Ahhh, I'll get over it. Mama, it's only for the 1st. We are scaling back on the next couple until he can remember them ;-)