Monday, July 11, 2011

My First Garage Sale

Well, we did it! 6 signs, 3 online ads, 4 hour worth of sale and the Asels & Reynolds pocketed a combined $800. Not too shabby, especially if you saw how much stuff we had left over! Our neighbors Scooter and Brittney had a TON of baby clothes (mostly boy stuff) and they were nice enough to give us first dibs. I went through SIX bins and got some adorable things for Grayson! In fact, he is fully outfitted this winter AND next! I'm SO excited. Here are three of our great finds!
Who put this TODDLER on my floor??
Ahh, lobster swim trunks.
I resisted buying them but alas, we have them!
Cute Adidas wind shorts and CUTER duckey slippers - ha!
The Asels have been such a blessing -saving us SO much money on 2 winter wardrobes - and the stuff is CUTE! I washed and played with it during the only hours I was awake yesterday. :)


To bring it back to the sale, I think we'll do it again. It was pretty easy, despite me having had surgery 36 hours before. I had some uber-helpful advice given to me from friends, which made a world of difference. Without that, we would not have been as successful! Overall, the people that came to the sale were very nice and respectful (even the 4 people that showed up at 6:30am for a 7am sale). I DID forget to set my alarm and I overslept but our prep the night before (I even laid out my clothes) made it okay. I miss some of the items I sold (my yellow couch and Bombay coffee table/end table) but I can't hold onto furniture for 5+ more years *assuming* we will have a bigger home and that it will even fit then. You know? That's called hoarding.

1 comment:

theseemanfamily said...

Love the haircut!!! Makes him look so grown up!! :)