Sunday, January 6, 2013

36 Week Pregnancy Update

36 weeks: crenshaw melon (which looks to me like a spaghetti squash)
Either way, so boring and I didn't buy either. So, no Grayson photo.


These always help me to understand the discomfort I feel!


How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +28lbs - The holidays and New Orleans were very good to me :)
Maternity clothes: Mostly comfy pants and Beau's t-shirts these days. I want to get more use out of my winter maternity clothes but the idea of squeezing into skinny jeans just doesn't appeal to me these days!
Sleep: Thanks to my parents keeping Grayson, I slept a glorious 11 hours straight last night! I think I got up once or twice for the bathroom but I don't even remember it, which is awesome. Usually a bathroom break can bring an hour or so of insomnia and reading the news on my phone.
Best moment this week: Having Beau rub my belly because Walker's movements were so strong and uncomfortable. One of the movements really jolted us both and Beau shot up, looked at me and said, "Whoa! Did you feel that?!" Haha, yes. Yes I did. ;)
Movement: Still plenty!
Cravings: More and more milk every day! Grayson and I can finish a gallon in a couple of days.
Symptoms: I'm getting these shooting groin pains. Google says it's when the baby gets heavier and is laying on a nerve. Makes sense. But it's embarrassing when it gets bad enough that I flinch. :)
What I miss: My old body. Moving around. Being able to have a cocktail or two. 
What I am looking forward to: The coordinating brother outfits I have planned for these two. Can't wait!
Weekly Wisdom: We realized that our new, awesome insurance doesn't start until 2/1. :( That means out of the next 27 possible days of me pregnant, 26 of those are with the old terrible insurance that will cost us thousands more in bills. Beau and I have decided to push our scheduled c-section date back to 2/1 and that limiting my movement as much as possible is best to try to keep this baby from coming early! Of course, I'd really love to meet him earlier but we have to at least try to save that $. It could be as much as 10 Gs, y'all. Ouch.
Milestones: Less than a month away!
Other updates: Just my self-imposed bed rest. And we still love having Beau here all this time with us! I think he's getting a tad bored, especially now that I just sit here most of the day. I'm getting bored too. We've seen all the movies that look good. Of course, does this mean we're motivated to do the last remaining things on our To Do List? Noooo. Among many others, we need to: finish the nursery, wash the bassinet bedding, figure out a storage system in the pantry for all the new bottles + G's sippy cups, glue Grayson's train table parts together (FOR REAL - no more destroying/losing those pieces!), formally asking Walker's Godparents, finalizing our new master bedroom bedding. We would rather re-watch all the movies on iTV than do any of that! :D

No comments: