Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dressing the Walls

Wall decor has been my latest (yet ongoing) nesting project and I'm very happy that we're nearing completion on these little projects. Beau is too! I may have mentioned that he'd rather mow the lawn or take out the trash a million times before hanging pictures on the wall. I don't know why either because he's just so good at it! ;)

Entryway 
I had been wanting letter hooks for the boys so that they can hang their bags and coats when they walk in the door. We added an "R" for miscellaneous Reynolds belongings. :) Let's hope Resto still has these when #3 comes around someday. Or that I tire of these, which comes first.
Also in the entryway is our duogram made out of birch wood that Beau painted with my favorite shade of blue! :) I initially thought this piece would arrive much bigger and wanted to hang it above our bed. How pretty would that be?! But alas, it's pretty small and I was back to square one with our Bedroom project....


Master Bedroom
This was more of a bedding/wall project since it all started when our comforter fell victim to Grayson's stomach virus a few months back and since the lamps and drapes were chosen to coordinate with the original bedding, I now had to work backwards and find bedding to go with the drapes and lamps. Eek! Not easy. BUT, it has turned out okay enough with the wall prints really pulling it all together! And I even managed to throw in an "R" in the prints. :) I'm so happy with how it all turned out! It's really the serene, comfy retreat I was going for. Finally! :)
PB bedding purchased during their white sale - it pays to be indecisive sometimes! It's a duvet cover and since Beau and I get so hot, we opted to not fill it with a duvet! I'm not sure if people do that but it gives us the look + temperature  control that we were going for. It's not as "fluffy" as I would like but utility is so much more important than appearance, right? 

I'm in love with these. That's all I can say. An Etsy find!
This is the wall to the left of our bed. Beau was so sweet to repurpose these frames that used to live above Grayson's crib. We'll trade some out with Walker's newborn photos once we get those. Zoe D. will have done both shoots so they will blend well. :) Love!
Dining Room
We had an empty 1/2 wall next to the french doors into the kitchen. Nothing really needed to go there but I came across this personalized print on Very Jane for a few bucks. The blue matches the wall enough and Texas, well it should always be orange right? In Geography class, the maps always showed Texas orange. So I couldn't picture it any other color. Crazy random, I know.


The Reynolds Home ~ Est. 2009
Hallway
This wall remained empty for the longest time since I just didn't know what to do here. But it kind of came to us when I continued to purchase 16x20 prints of our family photo shoots with absolutely no plans for them. :) I have always said that you never see family photos of a home with just the first born and not the other kids but I'm willing to attempt it. These will eventually go in chronological order with the last print being our family of 4 that will be shot in a couple of weeks. I think I can pull it off because  it represents the same time of year, 3 years in a row. Let's hope anyway!

I have this too that I love but I have no place for it nor can I find a mat color that I like so it lives in a folder in the office. (sigh)

 The lesson that can be learned with all these pictures of pictures is that I should have sprung for anti-glare, non-reflective glass. But I was on a budget, y'all. Once this house comes together, we'll be ready to move! Ha. ;)

That's all, folks! 

No comments: