Sunday, January 27, 2013

39 Week Pregnancy Update

Well here we are - 39 weeks! I can honestly say that I never expected to be here. Grayson came at 38 weeks and I just assumed this little guy would too since he's actually not breach, no cord around the neck and tracking to be a little bigger than G. But there are no signs that he's coming any earlier than our scheduled c-section on Friday! On one hand, I'm so ready and don't care how much the bills will cost! I just want him here and to meet him and I don't want to be pregnant anymore! (It is very difficult to type around such a large belly.) On the other hand, I'm not THAT miserable and can wait until the 2/1 date that I have always wanted anyway, even before insurance dictated it. :) 

We are beginning to get antsy and a little bored. Beau and I keep saying that we need to cherish all of these "lasts" a a family of 3, and we are!, but we have had a lot of time together in this house over the last month! I feel like we've embraced the 3 of us and are ready to be the 4 of us! Beau has busied himself with working his regular work week in our home office, joining us for dinner and night time routine at about 6pm, which has been nice (he pretty much does it all since I'm huge and tired - I cook; he does bath/book/bed). He has also enjoyed time over the past month going to the gym, playing racquetball with Royce, meeting Deran at the gun range and playing some golf with John. He's also cranked out some DIY home projects lately in the garage while Grayson helps. :) I'm happy he's had a chance to have some alone time, some guy time and some 1-on-1 Grayson time. In addition, we've had some good date nights and a couple of nights out with friends. Grayson has continued to go to school 3 days/week, has had plenty of play dates, played with MOPS friends and his church nursery friends, a friend's birthday and managed to stay healthy through it all (I'm so stressed he will be sick while i'm in the hospital!). For me, I have had the perfect mix of movin' and grovin' during the day and relaxing on the couch by late afternoon each day. My Mom and I have soaked up plenty of child-free errands (Hobby Lobby - I wish I could quit you) and I've enjoyed meeting friends for lunch here and there. So, I think we've all embraced the past pre-baby month as much as possible and are ready for Walker to join us!

Here are my last belly pics - self-portraits in my new stand-up mirror that Beau made for me! xoxo I included 3 pics b/c it shows just how fast things happen in this house - all three were taken in about 5 seconds.


Just me and a bebe

Oh! Me and a Bebe and a Grayson. Welcome to my picture, G.

Whu?? Me, Bebe, Grayson and Brinkley! I was a second away from Shelby and Beau joining in. The 5 of us  tend to move in the same direction around here! :)

How far along? 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +33lbs 
Maternity clothes: Trying to get some last wears in with my favorites!
Sleep: Not good. I've resorted to grunting and groaning when I have to move at all, which is frequently. This baby is so heavy. Having lots of back pain when I sleep on my side; can't live on my back for long because his weight suffocates me some how. If there was a place that rented beds with stomach hole cut out (a la pregnancy massage table), I would pay to sleep there. That could be a big business in the 'burbs.
Best moment this week: I had my last doc appt! Kinda scary knowing the next time I see my doctor, it will be in surgery! Also, Grayson frequently walking up to my belly saying, "Brother Out!" I hear ya, buddy!
Movement: Plenty and it's intense. He's now so strong that the tiny little bumps that used to push through are full on oval shaped feet and hands. There's a lot of jabs to my almost-back! I never had that with G. It's a discomfort that can't be explained. :)
Cravings: I just discovered that I love roasted broccoli. I can eat it like popcorn. Crazy. I have been eating a ton of oranges too and love to make my own fresh fruit smoothies - this has been going on for several weeks but forgot to add it.
Symptoms: Same as last time. shooting leg pain, my hair is still crazy-dry. And the hair on my legs doesn't really grow. Have I mentioned that? It's been the whole time - I love it.
What I miss: Sleeping and moving and rolling over freely. 
What I am looking forward to: Grayson meeting Walker! I can't wait to see them together for the first time! And every time after that!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't eat too much broccoli. Whoo.
Milestones: I can say we're having a baby THIS WEEK! Bag is in the car, car seat is set up, Grayson's bag is packed for Mimi's house, a little "pize" (surprise) is wrapped and ready for Grayson from Walker, no more doc appts!

One last thing, I went over to my parents' house to get Grayson one afternoon and it turns out, they had been making fun of me! Pop said, "Grayson, let's show Mommy how we look like her!" Grayson gleefully left the room and came back in with his basketball under his shirt looking so proud of himself ;) Too cute!
Twinsies

No comments: