Sunday, January 20, 2013

38 Week Pregnancy Update


38 weeks - Baby is as long as a leek!
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +30lbs 
Maternity clothes: Down to mainly leggings, tops and boots to go out. I rely on make-up, scarves and jewelry to make me feel 1/2 way decent. :)
Sleep: Not getting much so I might as well have a baby here. I mean, right?
Best moment this week: Having the Dr. tell me that if I'm contracting at all, to go to the hospital and that he won't send me home. I love that man! He speaks my language. :)
Movement: Still so much! He's still so high up that his increasingly powerful kicks to my ribcage and sides are a bit too much to take. I usually flinch and grunt as a result. Kind of embarrassing!
Cravings: Just the milk thing. Also, I'm eating more frequently since I can't eat that much in one sitting anymore. There's no room!
Symptoms: The shooting groin pains are more intense and frequent. Calf cramps in the middle of the night now. Ugh. My energy levels have picked up though! I mean I'm done by 5pm but am pretty productive during the day. What I surprisingly don't have is swelling. My rings fit just fine, feet aren't swollen at the end of the day (and yesterday I was running around all day!) so I'm lucky with that. Last time, not so much.
What I miss: Grayson sitting on my lap. He still tries but neither of us is comfortable so he just gives up and sits next to me. I want him back!
What I am looking forward to: I'm ready to start exercising. I can tell my legs and stomach or so weak and I'm ready to start working on that and feeling healthy and quick and non-waddling again!
Weekly Wisdom: One child is so easy. I hate it when moms of 2+ say to me, "Oh you only have one. Just wait." I still don't like it and hope to never say that to any moms who have 1 child. (But it's true. I already know this. One is so much easier.)
Milestones: Less than 2 weeks away! Still shooting for 2/1!

3 comments:

Miss Nikki said...

No swelling at 38 weeks?!? I don't think we can be friends anymore - jk :-) you look great mamma and are getting sooooooo close - yippee!

Kristi said...

Loved that Jacoby followed through on that for us too! Made my delivery sooo much easier to only deal with contractions for a few hours, rather than days. Hope Walker holds out those extra days for you guys. Graham arrived at 38 weeks, but I was ready for it to happen. You are so close!! YAY!!!

Unknown said...

Nikki - Not sure about the swelling - maybe my body is being nice to me with that since the shooting groin pains have me acting ridiculous when I walk!

Kristi - Yes, I thought about you when he Jacoby told me that :) Grayson came at 38 wks too so I keep telling Walker, see? Everyone's doing it!