Monday, January 7, 2013

Walker's Nursery - Finished-ish!

We are as close as we're going to get to the completion of this room! I just need to let the rest of it go b/c I'm tired of stressing about it. :) I first blogged about my ideas here and for the most part, it came out the way I envisioned - yay! Here are the pictures - this room just needs a baby boy!


This wall is finally up! Beau hates hanging pictures so I was starting to get worried. I just don't trust myself with things like this. :)
Granted, not all the frames are filled yet nor are the mirror and "W" painted. But I'm happy. :) So far, we have sonograms, a "Walker" centerpiece and one cute print that says "Hush little baby. (No, seriously.)" Haha. BIG shout out to my friend Thea's blog for introducing me to lime green frames at Michael's (for 40% off no less) so that I didn't have to paint any! They're cooler in person, a heavy shiny metal. 

Aunt Andrea and Uncle Rogan gifted us the pillow I was obsessed with from Serena and Lilly! Isn't it pretty?! The bedding is also S&L so I knew it would match!
It will live on the rocker once that gets moved back into the nursery from G's room.
My original plan involved the removal of this nuisance closet door to give us more room. I was going to put a fun drape there. Beau vetoed. Boo. 
These mirrors stayed the same from Grayson's nursery. I still like them and had nothing else planned for walls so, done!


Remember when I swore I was going to do black out drapes in this room? That was before I found these puppies for a fraction of the price of the designer drapes I was eyeing. And they're the same print! And since Beau has a passion for sewing (I'm not kidding), he's going to add black out panels to these. Should be fairly simple.
The opposing wall is the dresser/changing station. Walker's initials on the walls.  I have a groupon for a giant canvas that I was planning on using for one of Walker's newborn photo. If I do that, it will hang here and these will move to the right of the window - where I have absolutely nothing planned. 
The lime green $16 Target lamp (take that Lamps Plus and your $250 lamps!) and the Brooks Bros. bear that randomly matches!
Found a set of 3 of these adorable navy/white/lime baskets at HomeGoods! I don't even want to know what PBK would try to charge for these. Thrilled with this find! They hold blankets, burpies diapers and wipes (and anything else I end up throwing in there - it'll happen.)
Grayson helped me hand-select some of his baby books for Walker's room. When he wasn't surfing the ottoman, that is. ;)


Things left to do but I can't even care about at this point:
Paint the 2 shelves on either side of the window
Paint black mirror frame & remove stubborn price tag (a pet peeve!)
Paint W 
Move glider from G's room (ok, this will definitely get done!)
Add black out panels to the drapes

Okay, so it's kind of bothering me that this room isn't complete. 26 days, Reynolds Clan....chop, chop!

1 comment:

Miss Nikki said...

Very Cute! Love how it is all coming together ;-)