Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Home Shopping vs. Snacking on light bulbs

The latter might be more fun. We are zero for 2 in the offer arena. I really don't want to be a downer in my Three's Company blog, especially when this is the best time of my life (so far)! A big HOWEVER, this is the most discouraging, heart-breaking, frustrating, I-want-to-quit period of my life. Granted, I have been VERY fortunate not to have been tested much in my life (like taking the Bar or battling a life-threatening disease or giving labor or appearing on Survivor) but nonetheless, it sucks. This is why....

Think about the process of putting an offer on a home...you visit dozens of them (70+ in our case)...you find one you like.....you picture yourself in that home, you place your furniture in each room, you picture your friends & family coming to visit, holidays and making a family in that home and you see it all. So you decide to put an offer on that house b/c it has to be yours. And you wait and wait and wait, increasingly excited about moving in and starting your life there. And then you find out that there were multiple offers (in BOTH cases!!) and they went with another offer. It's so much more emotional than I thought it would be. Of course, I thought it was a lot easier than this too.

So, in this time of great recession and cut backs, homes are flying off the market - an average of 30% of homes had offers put on them before we could even see them! On a brighter note, this is encouraging in the midst of all the 'down market' discussions.

On an even BRIGHTER note, a wedding update!...actually, nothing more to tell except that I'm really excited about my bridal portrait this weekend! 52 days left!

No comments: