Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bonjour from Tahiti!


We have been here for 4 days now and I still can't believe the scenery around us. Everywhere you look, it's just breathtaking! Beau bought me a wireless card from the front desk just so I could blog! :-) The combination of the beautiful scenery and the French being spoken around us is incredible! So beautiful.

I'm a little overwhelmed with so much to say and only wish I had been blogging since our first day here. Maybe later. Prepare yourself for rambling....

A few quick notes about our trip so far:

Business class on Air Tahiti was wonderful! We landed and I didn't want to get off the plane. It was my first time to fly in a plane with 2 aisles AND chairs that lay almost flat AND where each seat has it's own flat screen TV. I'm in love. It makes an 8 1/2 hour flight seem like no time at all. I kind of can't wait to fly back ;-)

We are staying in an above water bungalow and it's fantastic!! I really thought we would experience no A/C, bugs, minimal luxuries - but OH NO! This place looks like it was just remodeled yesterday w/ beautiful hardwood floors, oh-so-clean everything, heavenly king size bed and a glass bottom in the living area that lights up at night! The back deck is very private with lounge chairs, a granite counter top table to eat room service food (which we have done and it's amazing) and bottom level deck to sun bathe and swim and snorkel from. It even has a shower where you can rinse off. Even better than all this is the modern bathroom with one of those 'rain' shower heads, granite floors, a stand alone, gorgeous tub and 2 sinks where the bowl sits on top of the counter. Too cool. Oh, it comes equipped with a flat screen TV too but the only English channel is CNN and Beau doesn't want one bit of reality in this room ;-) The room also has remotes for everything - how lazy can one be? I have figured it out!!

I'm telling you all this b/c I sincerely recommend this place to ALL my family and friends - it's truly amazing!

More to come on our delicious meals, the great 4X4 tour of the inside of the island we took today, tomorrow's sunset cruise, snorkeling, our couples' massage, the locals and their pride of this island, the shopping we did today, and Saturday's feeding of some kind of fish (can't remember the name). We have been here 4 days and I still can't believe my eyes. We are so blessed to be able to make this trip and I only hope that everyone gets to see a place like this at least once in your lives!

Love you all! I'm homesick for my Shelby :-( And I just finished a book where the characters have stayed with me. I keep thinking about them and feel like I have lost friends. :( You know you have found a good book when that happens. It's called The Help. Another thing I recommend to everyone. Ok, Mahana!! (no idea what that means).

xoxo

2 comments:

Earlene said...

Bonjour! So happy to hear from you. And YOU sound so happy! Wow, what a great place you two are in and what a perfect honeymoon! Can't wait to hear more!!

Love,
Mama

Kristi said...

I cannot wait to see your photos! Your trip sounds amazing...I'm so glad you are enjoying every moment...Shelby would want it that way ;)